Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Q1 Discussion thread for Delivery numbers, Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we don't know yet how many reservations (a first name, last name, email address, a zip code, and a phone number, right?) convert into actual fulfilled orders. No revenue yet. I reserved but prolly won't actually buy now that I've learned more about daily vs weekly and the actual economics for my area and local electrical utility prices.

Sure, but you're a home user, and just one.

2500 companies want PowerPack solutions RIGHT NOW. They are "triaging requests." That's just money sitting in a bucket waiting to be grabbed, constrained only by battery supply.

Peak shaving, Tesla knows a little something about this already with their pilots on some of the supercharger locations with battery packs. This is interesting that Utilities would like these packs regardless of trying to go "green" or not. Getting rid of those peak plants would be a huge help overall!

Sure, but you're a home user, and just one.

2500 companies want PowerPack solutions RIGHT NOW. They are "triaging requests." That's just money sitting in a bucket waiting to be grabbed, constrained only by battery supply.
Maybe a time for a 'fish jumping out of the barrel comment' about stationary storage.

- - - Updated - - -

10x demand for Powerpack vs. Powerwall.

Expecting 5-10x more utility than consumer sales for storage. I have been saying this as well. People who have been focusing on the negatives have been focusing on the consumer product, saying it won't have very big demand, or will be too expensive, or you can't get fully off-grid, or whatever other nonsense. But that is clearly not the point, that was never the point.

edit: could sell the entire gigafactory output into stationary storage, so they're investigating adding 50% to gigafactory output, before the factory isn't even open yet....but y'know, demand problem...?

Peak shaving, Tesla knows a little something about this already with their pilots on some of the supercharger locations with battery packs. This is interesting that Utilities would like these packs regardless of trying to go "green" or not. Getting rid of those peak plants would be a huge help overall!

I commented on this in the Stationary Storage thread. It doesn't have to have anything with being "green" or not. It makes sense for all fossil utilities to go hybrid. I like to call it a "plug out hybrid".

Well, we don't know yet how many reservations (a first name, last name, email address, a zip code, and a phone number, right?) convert into actual fulfilled orders. No revenue yet. I reserved but prolly won't actually buy now that I've learned more about daily vs weekly and the actual economics for my area and local electrical utility prices.
The PowerPack is where it's at. Elon just said they estimate PowerWall demand to be about 10-20% of the demand for the PowerPack.

"Gigafactory could be devoted solely to stationary storage" - words to that effect right now. Which is why I wrote on the other thread it's time for a Terafactory.....

I thought he said 2500 corporate or utility inquiries for PowerPack, and each with an average of 10 "Packs" per order....would be 25,000 packs at $25,000/pack is $625 Million of potential revenue in the first WEEK of interest in PowerPack. Another 60,000 inquiries in to PowerWall would be $180 Million - total potential first week if they had them on the shelf: $800 Million.

I thought he said 2500 corporate or utility inquiries for PowerPack, and each with an average of 10 "Packs" per order....would be 25,000 packs at $25,000/pack is $625 Million of potential revenue in the first WEEK of interest in PowerPack. Another 60,000 inquiries in to PowerWall would be $180 Million - total potential first week if they had them on the shelf: $800 Million.
Multiply by 52 and that's a pretty big number (partly a joke, partly not).