Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Q1 Discussion thread for Delivery numbers, Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2500 interest in powerpack....I like that.

35k powerwall, eh, that just means consumers clicked the thing, I expect the cancellation rate to be rather high on that. The pack ones though I figure are more serious, lower cancellation rate.

SO MUCH revenues!

Well, we don't know yet how many reservations (a first name, last name, email address, a zip code, and a phone number, right?) convert into actual fulfilled orders. No revenue yet. I reserved but prolly won't actually buy now that I've learned more about daily vs weekly and the actual economics for my area and local electrical utility prices.

Andrea James asks what we all want to know: revenue? margin?

Fremont, low volume: low margin

GF, high volume: around 20% margin, will try to scale as fast as possible; demand in GWh will be double that of the car.

Andrea James - Sanity, eloquence, smartness! (BofA, please send your analysts over there to learn, please).

EM - Tesla gross margin targets - low while packs are made in Fremont, when volume ramps at Gigafactory, maybe at 20% (guess). Volume - scale as fast as slowest constraint allows. Long term, see demand for stationary storage to be double that of the car. (Holy cow - that seriously means more Gigafactories).