Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla shareholders meeting -- reporting as the meeting proceeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Discussing safety of the Model X and S...it's by FAR the largest reason we decided to reserve an X. We have two young kids, safety could not be more important to us. We wanted a Tesla, sure, but the safety aspect essentially sealed the deal for us.

I hope this is a consideration for many...

Q: Some question about pack swap.

A: We are seeing very low take rate. Initially 4-5 people out of 200 people. they did it only once. All customers have now been invited from the area. Doesn't think it will have traction. Unlikely worth expanding. Reiterating free superchargers for life. Doesn't want locals to use SCs all the time. Over time will add solar and battery to SCs.

If this is true, then give me some COLORS!!! Not Black, Black, Grey, Grey, White, White! Plus No Brown, No Green, No Choice.

Not all colors are created equal. Some pigments are quite toxic and the wash out of these pigments require more expensive treatment, thus increasing costs. Eliminating just a few 'difficult' pigments disproportionally simplifies operations and lowers the cost.

All of the presentations have been entirely reasonable. I'm glad the lady asked her question, and I'm glad Elon answered it quickly and non-dismissively. The others were in the form of shareholder proposals which Tesla would be bound to do. They don't want to be bound to do it now, that's fine. But it makes eminent sense for them to look into it, and I'm glad people are pressuring them to do it. Non-leather options should certainly be available. It's an environmental company. The environment should take front seat.
I agree. I don't get the sneers either. The questions were addressed to Elon, not to readers of this forum, and the positions expressed were reasonable and respectfully presented. The last questioner to bring it up wasn't bitching about it, she actually had a concrete offer to help. That Elon's first word out of his mouth was "Absolutely" underlines that the negative reactions here are unwarranted.

It's not relevant where one stands on the issue in order to ask that, please, let all the voices be heard (as long as they are constructive, which the people speaking at the meeting certainly were).

Q: When will autopilot will be fully autonomous. "Go to sleep in the car"

A: Technically possible in 3 years. But some time after that for regulators to accept it (1-3 years). Need to compile evidence over a large number of miles. Best guess right now.

Elon thinks AI will occur quicker with each passing year.

- - - Updated - - -

Q: Is Tesla participating in inspiring more people to study engineering.

A: No.

I found this important: Elon reiterated that Supercharging is free for the life of the car, hat Superchargers are primarily for long distance travel, that some owners are doing a lot of local Supercharging and seemed to say that is not what the Superchargers should be used for.

and that these local owners who are abusing the Supercharges are politely contacted by Tesla......anybody else catch that?