TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2017.28 c528869

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BBB4000, Jul 17, 2017.

1. BBB4000

BBB4000 Member

Received a software update tonight by the name of: 2017.28 c528869. Release notes were not as exciting, just minor improvements and bug fixes.

S75D / AP2 / LTE

2. snd92

snd92 Member

Do we really need a thread for each SW upadate?

3. HumbleDriver

HumbleDriver Member

Why not? Seems sensible to me - they're not everyday, and it helps people find out more easily what's new etc.

I too received the update last night and am intrigued to see if people perceive any new stuff..

• Like x 3
  4. jayman

jayman Member

Drove it this am. Seemed a lot smoother. I hesitate to say this but yes, almost silky smooth. It still has that issue with stopping for stopped cars at a red light and sometimes accelerates for some odd reason like it always has. Much more steady between the lines though...

• Informative x 1
  5. oktane

oktane Active Member

Yes. Makes it easier to find relevant info rather than digging through old threads.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. Shateam

Shateam Member

But do we need two? :)

7. BBB4000

BBB4000 Member

that thread title feels incomplete :)

8. BBB4000

BBB4000 Member

After some drivnng on local roads today the two big observations I had were:

1. TACC has seriously regressed when cars in the distance are stopped at red lights.
    2. Lot of phantom braking on local roads, as well as some abrupt overcorrection on steering

I don't trust AP on the local roads anymore with this update.

• Informative x 2
  9. XGeek

XGeek Member

As a recent Tesla Model S owner who is in love with the technology, performance and future potential it was of interest to see if we could be more quantitative on the improvements of the autopilot firmware releases. There are many qualitative comments about the good and bad of autopilot releases which makes sense but not much score keeping which may be helpful to the Tesla engineers to confirm performance and prioritize changes.

I apologize in advance for the long videos. I'm guessing only my fellow geeks would be interested but this is an experiment and I would like your feedback to see if this is useful and any recommendations for improvements. I'm sure we can make this analysis better over time.

The initial launch of this XGeek AP Scorecard comes in a 3 part video which should be watched in sequence.

A playlist has been created to allow for easy sequencing: Tesla Autopilot Firmware Scorecard - YouTube

Or the individual urls for the videos are below:
    - Part 1: Introduction ()
    - Part 2: Release 17.26.76 ()
    - Part 3: Release 2017.28.c528869 and comparison ()

I would like to recognize the people who created invaluable tools that easily enabled data output from Android phones and for that data to be visualized with little effort.

Androsensor
    AndroSensor for Android

DatPlot
    DatPlot - From raw data to report ready plots in under five minutes

Enjoy!

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. bostonjake

bostonjake New Member

Thank you XGeek - well done! Look forward to your analysis and ratings for the next AP2 release

11. essmd

essmd Phantom X

Good Stuff XGeek, it's good to have objective analysis as well as individual perspectives for the AP development process.