Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.46 3387a54 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it isn't. Where is the data showing that quantifiable customer satisfaction numbers are lower than 12 or 24 months ago? As for AP improvements (or lack thereof) - are you familiar with the last 12 months of AP progress, starting from zero AP with a system Tesla has created from scratch? AP is moving very very fast - faster than anything any competitor has - and it is still the most capable and robust L2 system available for purchase.
Yes, I know the progress very well, please take a look at my videos. Hold phone horizontal to see the signature.
And btw ap development progress is way slower than their marketing progress.

I too drive long distances for work, typically 150-200 miles a day and would be ecstatic if they could get just the freeway portion nailed. On good clean marked roads it’s alreasy good enough for what I need but carpool lane on 5/405 freeways is pretty bad, like I won’t use it if anyone else is in the car.

Really really hoping we get a large update soon but I’m still willing to bet 100 that we don’t get any additional cameras before the end of the year.
carpool on 405/5 is still bad even with .44?

Yes, I know the progress very well, please take a look at my videos. Hold phone horizontal to see the signature.
Ok good. Well then we can agree that we are 12 months and a world of progress closer to the first EAP/FSD feature releases than we were 12 months ago. The folks who bought cars in Q3/4 2016 are a small portion of Tesla customers and growing smaller by the day. The portion of them who are angry is even smaller. Anyone buying today is getting a stable AP2 that is much closer to feature release and also folks buying today aren't getting the Elon "3 months away" claims either. There's nothing to worry about. Mountain out of molehill.

I measure from the beginning of the year, and I see very big improvements on AP2.0, but and the fact that I can conquer difficult roads since .40. I think the NN is right now.... whatever the hell that actually means. I will be very pleased if we can get some modeling of adjacent lanes in the blind spot. Today on .44, I had 4 cars show up on the display in 3 different lanes briefly during a lane change. (2 in front and 1 to each side). This video is not of that, but for me it is showing progress in construction and tight spaces, heading into the sun.

Just updated to 46. Have Model S75 RWD. Easy exit and Chill active. A couple of issues that showed today before update.
1. Lane markers not showing.
2. Vehicles in front of car not showing on display (I assume Emergency Braking is effected).
3. Speed Limit not being displayed.
4. Headlights set to Auto, but headlights are always on.
5. Auto high beams not working.

Mine is still on the .42. How come some people are getting the updates and some aren't?
A majority of people is still on .42 (approx. 70% of the teslafi fleet) so nothing unusual about that.

No one seems to know precisely the pattern of how Tesla releases firmware, but the general consensus seems to be, that you should be on WiFi to get it as early as possible.
Other than that, all bets are off.

Checking teslafi firmware tracker is always a good place to start if you feel you are left behind, since it may actually not be the case.
http://firmware.teslafi.com/

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Still on 0.44. I’m hoping .46 starts showing cars in other lanes all the time like ap1does.

I’ve been pretty unhappy w ap2...until around .38. At .44 I really cant tell much difference between it and my ap1 car other than the way it displays cars in the screen.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay is due to patent licensing disputes not being resolved yet.

Ok good. Well then we can agree that we are 12 months and a world of progress closer to the first EAP/FSD feature releases than we were 12 months ago. The folks who bought cars in Q3/4 2016 are a small portion of Tesla customers and growing smaller by the day. The portion of them who are angry is even smaller. Anyone buying today is getting a stable AP2 that is much closer to feature release and also folks buying today aren't getting the Elon "3 months away" claims either. There's nothing to worry about. Mountain out of molehill.
Aha, there we have the business ethics we have spoken about, put in clear text. Thank you for the honesty. Best regards, one of the sacrificable early adopters.

Question about the bet, does it count as a release if it’s something like the original AP release last year; a late night Dec. 31 test release to 1000 people? Or does it need to be a full wide release?

I'd be surprised if *any* FSD-like feature is released before the end of this year, wide or test. Even testing any feature like that would entail a high level of confidence. It'd be tough to "test" an auto-lane change feature since the car will be making decisions about something you're not even looking at until it's too late.

Reactions: Swift
I'd be surprised if *any* FSD-like feature is released before the end of this year, wide or test. Even testing any feature like that would entail a high level of confidence. It'd be tough to "test" an auto-lane change feature since the car will be making decisions about something you're not even looking at until it's too late.

To be clear, we’re talking EAP, not FSD. I bring up the possibility of a limited test because that’s what they did last year(I was one of the 1000 people who got the update). And they’ve seemed to do that frequently with the introduction of major AP functionality. Perhaps to be more clear, I should have used the word “trial”. Basically, having some small sample of cars receive the new feature rather than a full wide release.

As to the likelihood of that actually happening, I make no claims. But I think it’s wise to remember that we have no idea what the actual current state of the AP code is. Tesla has internal builds we aren’t privy to, almost certainly with far more advanced features than we have that they aren’t confident in enough to release yet. A lot of the reasons for pessimism posted here seem to be along the lines of “it’s not using the cameras right now, so they can’t do that”, but then there’s not much of a reason to use those cameras without it.

So you're in for the bet then?

Reactions: Turing