Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.3.f3425a1 is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Surprise!
Smooth Stops too!!!
This just keeps getting better!
Very impressed with Tesla Autopilot AP2 2017.50.3 f3425a1 ability to stop smoothly now. Had to disingage in 50.2 for fear of slamming into distant cars stopped at intersections. No sign of slowing at all. Felt like I was playing chicken. It’s nearly perfect now!

ATTENTION MODS: Someone has hacked AR’s account.

Nope. @lunitiks etc. can vouch for this. I have always opined rain-sensing will come to AP2 in many discussions on Autonomous Vehicles forum, even when others said never. More recently I even took Elon Musk's word for it coming very soon and actually ended up sort of defending the man to @whitex... Elon's word fit with my other analysis and it was time to believe it. I was right.

My analysis actually doesn't look half bad much of the time. Not because I'm better than others, just because I care about detail and nuance to a rather abnormal extent. I'm wired or weird that way. :)

Another Surprise!
Smooth Stops too!!!
Very impressed with Tesla Autopilot AP2 2017.50.3 f3425a1 ability to stop smoothly now. Had to disingage in 50.2 for fear of slamming into distant cars stopped at intersections. No sign of slowing at all. Felt like I was playing chicken. It’s nearly perfect now!
I still hate how it takes so long to start up again after traffic starts moving. Maybe I’m just impatient but that drives me nuts.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and conman
I find detection of vehicles at a distance to be a step back from .42. 40mph I have to disengage 80 percent of the time. .42 had that down to 10 percent. I was starting to experiment with 50mph roads but have discontinued that with .46. I don't think vision is fixed yet. It seems much better within 200ft but worse beyond for me. Much smoother on curves. Violated lane lines once upon engagement but was overall improved from .50.2. Some forward progress at least.

• Funny
Reactions: Doctt
I find detection of vehicles at a distance to be a step back from .42. 40mph I have to disengage 80 percent of the time. .42 had that down to 10 percent. I was starting to experiment with 50mph roads but have discontinued that with .46. I don't think vision is fixed yet. It seems much better within 200ft but worse beyond for me. Much smoother on curves. Violated lane lines once upon engagement but was overall improved from .50.2. Some forward progress at least.
I’ll try to find a clip of disengagement in 50.2.

Another Surprise!
Smooth Stops too!!!
Found a clip from 50.2 where I was forced to disengage. I was not confident it was going to stop. It continued to accelerate towards the stopped car. Although, it may not be obvious looking at the clip, adrenaline was flowing. Had a first timer in my car. 50.3 is lightyears better!

And some seem to be anxious to doubt members posting their reports. There's plenty of time to defend Tesla later. ;)

Anyway, this is what I felt @Cooker was adding to and thanked him for the data point. I stand by that.
I am not ‘doubting’ his report nor ‘defending’ Tesla. Good grief, you seem to infer a lot from a simple statement.

There is a difference between doubting a report and confirming he had indeed activated a brand new feature. Mistakes do happen. OE does occur. We already have multiple reports of users attesting to the efficacy of it at night, so we do know it can work properly.

In light of that, it’s best to see when someone is saying the feature is not working at night, if the settings for that user are correct.

Found a clip from 50.2 where I was forced to disengage. I was not confident it was going to stop. It continued to accelerate towards the stopped car. Although, it may not be obvious looking at the clip, adrenaline was flowing. Had a first timer in my car. 50.3 is lightyears better!

50.3 will do this too. Earlier versions before .42 also did this. It will detect the car, start slowing (regen), then accelerate (lose sight?) and then hard stop (physical brakes) (if you let it keep going). I usually tap the brakes at the lose sight stage and let regen slow me (if available, recent cold snap has also reduced my ability to test).

Reactions: scottf200