Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you do go through and exterminate them after you finish building the house.

Or at least you should, unless you like bugs in your house....
Exactly.

Doctor-Who-Dalek.jpg

This thread is originally by an owner who just got to order his 3, but someone in the discussion says he has both an owner reservation for his X and a non-owner one (can obviously have just one priority reservation per previously owned vehicle) and the non-owner one got to order, too. Should take this with a package of salt as this might be a special case, but things seem to be progressing.

This is actually common. There are at least 5-6 reports from owners with just one S who got an invite to configure both their reservations. It is one of the reasons why I think we will have more deferrals in the second batch and hence a third batch relatively quickly (the 2nd batch also appears to be smaller than the first)

Interesting data from this tweet:

Josua Fagerholm on Twitter

DQjfdkHW0AAvAaX.jpg

I can tell you from being ii the online advertising business with 15 years experience. Brand awareness like this costs millions and millions to cultivate, maybe even billions. There is a tremendous amount of value be generated by what? Basically word of mouth and Twitter. That is why I really love twitter as a user and it should be a great investment.

Keep in mind the FUDsters know this too. Which is why they do their thing,,,trying to use Google hold back the flood as long as possible. God I can’t wait till that dam bursts........

CNBC - earlier this hour: Growing number of companies ordering Tesla's electric semi

Frederic Lambert is the publisher/editor of Electrek and a Tesla Motors Club member.

Fred @FredLambert performed quite admirably. The hosts asked tough questions about Tesla and its semi truck. Fred responded with excellent and honest answers. It may have been his first time on financial television. Whatever nervousness he may have initially felt turned into confidence as the interview progressed and the questions became tougher. As a retired host of a TV financial news program, I can tell when an interviewee knows his stuff and is being honest. Fred gets an A+ from me. Let's hope we see him more frequently on TV. :)

I knew Fred is Canadian but had not stopped to think that he might be a native French speaker. He writes in English so well that I had not considered that he might speak in English with a French accent. Through emails I have a Belgian friend named Jean Meeus who writes astronomy books. He is also a native French speaker. I once complimented him on his ability to write beautifully in English. He replied that he has no problem reading scientific papers written in English, but has trouble with newspapers written in English. That's because the latter are full of idiom and the former are not. Kudos to Fred, Jean and all who have so well learned English as as second language. ;)

Last edited:
That’s much higher charging speed than they list on the Tesla site. Points to them really trying to undersell the Model 3. I bet there are some Model S owners delaying upgrading to a newer model until the Model S and X get some hardware updates.

That was at a full location as well, but it does seem 105KW is pretty near the max, which would equate to over 400 miles per hour, at peak, which I have seen in other reports. I think the highest I saw was 438 miles per hour. Of course it starts slow and starts to ramp down around about 60%, but that is still impressive as you could probably get 200 miles in a half hour as long as most of the charging is between 10% and 70%.

• Helpful
Reactions: DurandalAI

I think once Model 3 production is ramped up enough to calm the nervous nellies
in the market we will hear more about plans for GFs 3, 4, 5, etc. I have no doubt the planning and groundwork continues behind the scenes.
I think the reason that they have not shown the MY (before the Roadster and semi) is because it has FWD’s and they are concerned about causing the SP to dip. I’m concerned about that too. Could they build the assembly line before they reveal the initial version?

I think the reason that they have not shown the MY (before the Roadster and semi) is because it has FWD’s and they are concerned about causing the SP to dip. I’m concerned about that too. Could they build the assembly line before they reveal the initial version?
Speaking of FWD, they’re quite cool on the Model X, but after a test drive it’s somewhat disappointing to have normal front doors after experiencing the FWD rear doors, honestly. I think FWD on the Y would be a net sales benefit if they can prove that they’ve worked out all kinks in the design for long term flawless operation.

I am agnostic on FWDs for the Model Y but to answer your question it seems hard to imagine they could build a Model Y production line or factory without word getting out, even if most of the Model Y parts come from the Model 3. I guess nothing is impossible but it's hard for me to see them doing that.

I am looking forward to seeing how they decide to manage the ramp to 10K/week for the Model 3, production of the Semi and Model Y, while getting started on GFs in Europe and China, all in the next couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.