Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is WiLd! A very trustworthy source is telling me that Tesla is renting out private business space to park undelivered vehicles. They are so swamped in preparation for M3 deliveries that space needs to be rented! Let that sink into your head everyone...

I attached a photo in order to protect the identity of the person, but this is a private parking area. It’s about to get real nutty!

Attachments

• 5243168E-8EC8-491A-A439-2A154B7F22C0.png
    5243168E-8EC8-491A-A439-2A154B7F22C0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Ok this is WiLd! A very trustworthy source is telling me that Tesla is renting out private business space to park undelivered vehicles. They are so swamped in preparation for M3 deliveries that space needs to be rented! Let that sink into your head everyone...

I attached a photo in order to protect the identity of the person, but this is a private parking area. It’s about to get real nutty!

That is a model X in the picture.

• Funny
Reactions: Buddyroe
Her most prescient comment is at about 2:30:

"The model 3 might be supplanted by another model in the future that will be less expensive."

I disagree. Not only has Elon said they will not make another model below 3 but much better to hold the price on Model 3 as battery prices fall and let inflation push Model 3 firmly into well equipped Camry and Accord price points.

You can make the argument that Elon said that to not obsbourne the 3 but Tesla Network should be launched by the time Model 3/Y demand matches Model 3/Y supply. Many years from now.

Displacing diesel Semi's, ICE midsize and fullsize sedans,hatchbacks,CUVs,SUVs displace alot of oil and carbon emissions. Displacing Honda Fits,Prius,Focus,Cruze and Corollas gets you less bang for the buck.

And there is no point delving into the $18k-$25k price class if you can't fill Model 3/Y demand. Let Nissan and the Chinese fill this niche with 5% margins or less.

I disagree. Not only has Elon said they will not make another model below 3 but much better to hold the price on Model 3 as battery prices fall and let inflation push Model 3 firmly into well equipped Camry and Accord price points.

You can make the argument that Elon said that to not obsbourne the 3 but Tesla Network should be launched by the time Model 3/Y demand matches Model 3/Y supply. Many years from now.

Displacing diesel Semi's, ICE midsize and fullsize sedans,hatchbacks,CUVs,SUVs displace alot of oil and carbon emissions. Displacing Honda Fits,Prius,Focus,Cruze and Corollas gets you less bang for the buck.

And there is no point delving into the $18k-$25k price class if you can't fill Model 3/Y demand. Let Nissan and the Chinese fill this niche with 5% margins or less.

Exactly, Tesla = iPhone with 90+% of the profits and everyone else = cheap Chinese Android phones, like the one I'm typing this post on, fighting for the leftover scraps.

So she wasn't that brilliant?

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV
EM hates public transport:
Elon Musk Really Doesn't Like Mass Transit Systems He's Trying to Build

Sometimes I fear that EM is out of touch with reality... Of course publc transport is not perfect, but we don't have a cheap (environmentally, economically) alternative.

isnt this why he sees the need of new alternatives and actually does something about it? hyperloop and loop. boring company plans for auto omy and new bus alternatives.

i feel he very much are in touch with realities.. doesnt mean he have go accept status quo, luckily for earth!

Reactions: Dagger and Sudre
Tesla wooed by Hungary with tax breaks, report says

Szijjarto said Tesla executives responded "very positively to tax breaks linked to research and development and investments in Hungary, as well as the country's corporate tax rate, which at 9 percent is the lowest in the 28-member EU.

Audi is one of Hungary's biggest exporters and revenue earners and the company describes the Gyor engine plant as the world's largest, supplying more than 30 Volkswagen Group sites. Other major automakers in Hungary include German rival Daimler, PSA Group's Opel, and Suzuki Motor.

South Korea's SK Innovation said last month it would invest 840.2 billion won ($771.86 million) to build an electric vehicle battery plant in Hungary to meet demand from automakers in Europe.

Tesla wooed by Hungary with tax breaks, report says

Szijjarto said Tesla executives responded "very positively to tax breaks linked to research and development and investments in Hungary, as well as the country's corporate tax rate, which at 9 percent is the lowest in the 28-member EU.

Audi is one of Hungary's biggest exporters and revenue earners and the company describes the Gyor engine plant as the world's largest, supplying more than 30 Volkswagen Group sites. Other major automakers in Hungary include German rival Daimler, PSA Group's Opel, and Suzuki Motor.

South Korea's SK Innovation said last month it would invest 840.2 billion won ($771.86 million) to build an electric vehicle battery plant in Hungary to meet demand from automakers in Europe.

That article states “The minister said Tesla will already build two supercharging stations in Hungary by the end of next year, one in the western town of Gyor, an industrial hub for Audi, and another in Nagykanizsa in the southwest of the country.”

The truth is that both superchargers are currently being built, with Gyor rumored to be operational next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.