Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least it sounds like Tesla was trying to deal with this problem seriously, but they were not in control of the behavior of the line workers. Glad to hear that the harassers were fired... hope they are starting to crack down on harassment. It's no good to have workers harassing and assaulting their colleagues.

I agree. Harassment has no place in any work place. Hearing that Tesla took appropriate action was at least consoling to the worker and myself. I deal with difficult people at my work all the time, and trust me, they don't give a rates $@& about taking action at my place, they just want to cover up the issue and pretend it doesn't exist.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Wow, impressive statements by Adam Jonas. And still only $305 as target. Is he afraid to increase his target because would look just ludicrous?
Majority consensus ITT is that he is sandbagging. I agree with that.

Given that markets seem to react inelasticly to upgrades no matter the price target, it makes sense for an analyst to upgrade price target in steps instead of all of it in one go.

Reactions: neroden
Implications of this news: As one of the largest companies in China, and owner of Wechat, China's most popular social media platform, you would think that Tencent is more qualified than most to judge consumer trends there. An investment like this is an endorsement of where they think Tesla is headed in that country. Like I was saying to Dave in our chat before, I still think Model X will turn out to be a big hit there.

So you have the big institutions owning 63% of TSLA. Big guys like Fidelity, T Rowe Price, Vanguard, Morgan Stanley and now Tencent. The perception that outlets like CNBC tout is that only small investors would fall for a valuation this high, when in reality 'those in the know' account for the majority of shares. Oh, and don't forget EM owns about 20%.

So does anyone who is short believe that they know better than those guys? And are happy betting against the brightest engineers in the world? I'd love to have a respectful debate with a guy that actually is short.

In Preparation For Model 3, Tesla Inks Largest Warehouse Deal In San Francisco Bay Area History

Why is Tesla leasing so much warehouse space? I mean, Toyota produced half million cars at the same Fremont factory. EVs have less components and are far less complicated to produce, right? Tesla has already shifted many sub-assembly work to the Gigafactory, like the Model 3 motor assembly. Even the batteries will come from GF, fully under Tesla's control.

Then, why does Tesla need this large warehouse?
For hiding large amounts of unsold cars - this is all part of the scam. /s

"So you have the big institutions owning 63% of TSLA. Big guys like Fidelity, T Rowe Price, Vanguard, Morgan Stanley and now Tencent. The perception that outlets like CNBC tout is that only small investors would fall for a valuation this high, when in reality 'those in the know' account for the majority of shares. Oh, and don't forget EM owns about 20%.

So does anyone who is short believe that they know better than those guys? And are happy betting against the brightest engineers in the world? I'd love to have a respectful debate with a guy that actually is short.

But you have Mark B.S. on the other side. :eek:

Tencent Joins Rush Into AI to Keep Lead in Social Media, Gaming

Tencent’s looking for ways to keep users glued to WeChat. On Wednesday, it signaled its intention to keep spending on areas from payments to content to increase social media engagement. Ma Huateng said the company could explore AI technology for driverless cars and online health care in the future.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe not just a random investment to park some money ...

Not sure if there are many gamers here but, this stake is analogous to when Tencent invested in ATVI in 2013. Tencent derives nearly half of its revenues from gaming(they own League of Legends, the largest/most profitable game in the world). Gaming is huge in China, especially among its youths, and Tencent understands the gaming landscape there well. They identified many of the most popular games in China, such as Warcraft, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Hearthstone, Diablo - all owned by ATVI. So even though the stock at the time was stagnant for 4 years from 2009 to 2013, Tencent invested because they bet on the trends that they saw in China. Since then ATVI has gone from $15 to $50.

So even though TSLA has been similarly stagnant for the past 4 years, perhaps Tencent now sees some trends in vehicle sales that made them invest.

Not sure if there are many gamers here but, this stake is analogous to when Tencent invested in ATVI in 2013. Tencent derives nearly half of its revenues from gaming(they own League of Legends, the largest/most profitable game in the world). Gaming is huge in China, especially among its youths, and Tencent understands the gaming landscape there well. They identified many of the most popular games in China, such as Warcraft, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Hearthstone, Diablo - all owned by ATVI. So even though the stock at the time was stagnant for 4 years from 2009 to 2013, Tencent invested because they bet on the trends that they saw in China. Since then ATVI has gone from $15 to $50.

So even though TSLA has been similarly stagnant for the past 4 years, perhaps Tencent now sees some trends in vehicle sales that made them invest.

These guys a basically the facebook of China, I'm certain they put all these data to good use in their decision making.

They are also big backers of Didi (the biggest ride sharing company in the world), cool stuff, a lot of room for wild speculations

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and TMSE
Status
Not open for further replies.