Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you havent been listening to confcalls for 5+ years. Just listen to some of the analysts when they ask questions and compare to the towel-on-the-mic at Tesla. Elon & Co's conf room toy phone equipment and ambient noise has been an annoyance since day one.

Funny; I had just come back to ask at what annual revenue rate does Tesla open the coffers and burn $500 on a high-quality conference phone with multiple tabletop mics. I would think at a $10B revenue run rate they'd be able to afford it.

I'm happy to come out and install one in exchange for a factory tour. :)

I really had to install Flash to listen to this shitty-quality call?!

Seriously Tesla IR, ditch this streaming service and switch to an HTML5-supported app. After downloading and installing the (unneeded) plugin, I couldn't get it to work on Firefox (latest version though), had switched to Safari, which disabled Flash because it's to dangerous, then tweaked at least 3 settings to enable Flash, then authorized this not-secure-plugin to run on the edge.media-server.com domain, etc.

What a ****ing mess. How did I browse the Web for 2 years on my machine, spending most of my day on the Internet, without installing Flash until today?

But now I can hear the board of Tesla discussing IA and machine learning. Wow. I don't know if it's 1998 or the future.

Story still in place:

From the letter .
This year will have many major milestones for Tesla with the introduction of innovative products that advance electric transport as well as energy generation and storage. We remain confident in our 2017 plan and long-term mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy

Todays losses will be recouped as soon as we see 15-20 M3's on the road in July

I guess you havent been listening to confcalls for 5+ years. Just listen to some of the analysts when they ask questions and compare to the towel-on-the-mic at Tesla. Elon & Co's conf room toy phone equipment and ambient noise has been an annoyance since day one.

Have. And it annoys me, too. Post was just a joke, nonsense, to lift spirits a bit.

this call doesn't sound like it's going well. goldman muppet asks about order rates and elon rambles on about something else. kermit asks the question again and elon basically punts, sort of implies they are seeing a slowdown in order rates for s & x. i'm sure the bears will be pouncing on that morsel.

the sense i am getting is there is a slowing happening around s & x. perhaps expected as people wait for 3. eventually i think traffic from 3 will drive sales of the other vehicles as well.

on the bright side i posted a comparison of my q1 estimate vs. actual in the 2017q1 thread. one thing that comes out is asp's rose meaningfully, which almost certainly had to include meaningful autopilot take rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.