Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the factories in China and Europe, that was the buzz until recently?

I believe we still see them. Why not? Trump wants to have taxes on imported vehicles but I would wager there are Asian and European countries that would very much like plants on their continent to give their workers jobs for a product to be sold locally

Exactly. Oh no, the Model S cost $0.50 more over 50 mi to run.

Sure, but it also made 4x+ as many ponies doing it too, never mind that if you're spending 2-5x the price of the prius to buy the car, chances are you're not worried about spending 30% more to fuel it.
I think it's a little cheaper to ride a bike vs a Prius.

I believe we still see them. Why not? Trump wants to have taxes on imported vehicles but I would wager there are Asian and European countries that would very much like plants on their continent to give their workers jobs for a product to be sold locally

Also, if Trump really plans to introduce that "border tax" for goods imported from the EU, chances are the EU in return will introduce the same "border tax" for US goods shipped to the EU (including Tesla). So the EU factory would help with avoiding that tax.

Tom Benson (owner of the Saints and billionaire car dealer magnate) must feel a little conflicted that his star quarterback drives a Model S:

At least he is not eating at

California_Pizza_Kitchen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.