Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we are going to have to settle for "grows every week, no matter how much we anti-sell it. It just grows every week"

This is like saying: "let's purchase a condo unit that hasn't been built yet, but whose picture we've seen a few times and we trust the developers." Except done about a couple 100,000 times over and in an industry that is declining overall. This is a once in a lifetime situation.

No one's even seen the Model 3; demand is going to be extensive once the cars hit the stores and they advertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped listening a while ago because it was pretty dull and I needed to get on with other things. Would be very grateful for a very quick bullet point summary if anyone is able.

You've probably heard it before. He was talking about how tax credits for EVs going away is an advantage to Tesla rather than the assumed disadvantage that analysts and others think they are - which he explained in detailed. He talked about the NV incentives and how many people think Tesla received 1.2B (or whatever) for the Gigafactory from the State of Nevada - which they did not and he went on to explain how that deal really went.

i still can't believe stock is over 300. really shows how much the stock depends on model 3 execution... if not for model 3 on schedule i think the whiff of possibly slowing s/x demand, not much shown for tesla energy, and a pretty good eps miss would have sent us down a lot more.
If there was no model 3 the stock price would be high because the company would be running a huge profit.

10 minute ramble going on now. I love Elon and all, but sometimes he sounds like an old dude at a bar talking about nothing to nobody.

I have gotten use to EM's cadence but I much prefer JB's clearer speaking voice/cadence and straight forward answering of the question.
It is 'water under the bridge' but I miss Wheeler.

Well... in regards to Tesla Energy, they expect quite a dramatic ramp at end of year. Also, PowerWall 2 had some ramp up issues with supply chain that are sorted out. Expect dramatic QoQ increases in TE and will grow faster than the car. Depending on the project though, it may take 1-3 quarters after production to see the financial results.

Been a Tesla long for 3 years now. This call seemed pretty low to me. As others have noted, the future of S&X doesnt seem to be as exciting as it used to (in terms of sales). Should have seen this coming since they guided 50k deliveries and got 25k in Q1. For Q2, the biggest positive would be the Model 3 specs and configuration. They will also deliver 25k in Q2 to meet guidance.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.