Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice find but the author cherry picks the competition a bit, specifically leaving off Q7 and Range Rover vs the X. What's most interesting to me is the analysis of the model X. If you look at the total sold for SUV and compare that to the large sedans, even without many popular lux models, you see large SUVs in the US are easily double that of sedans.

Having driven what I believe is the new drive unit with faster 0-60 today, it's amazing. Same X75D is way more responsive and fun to drive. Didn't expect to notice a real difference but it responds like an S90D I drove a couple of weeks ago. Pretty amazing for only 7 months of time between the new x and mine.

Model X just talked got the loaner and demo fleet and stores. I expect it to take off the next 12 months and should double model S every quarter at some point.

FWIW the accessory failures were generally from the "first generation" parts. I've had practically all of them replaced (most of them at the first annual service) and haven't had any problems with the replacement parts.

7 door handles on a late 2014 S and 3 thus far on a pre-refresh 2016..... So I envy you.

Edit: I will say that the latest handle on the 2016 was the wire slack adjustment for one of the microswitches, so not a whole handle was required. However, I was under the impression this had been addressed at the production level at least a year ago. Then of course the flip flip side is how many drive units replacements have you seen or heard about on all wheel drive cars recently? (two maybe? And I'm on here and /r/Teslamotors multiple times per day)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 10.49.22 PM.png

Dumbass Toyota exec. He hasn't bothered to calculate gas v. electric prices...
$2/gallon / 25 mpg = 8 cents / mile.
12 cents / kwh * .380 kwh/mile (Model X) = 4.6 cents / mile.
Gas isn't cheap. If gas were $1/gallon then maybe he wouldn't have to worry

Its probably worse than than, the national average is $2.20/gal and most folks probably have a EV or TOU rate lower the the $0.12/kWh. Around here gas is ~$2.50 and I pay $0.06/kWh off-peak.

The thing is, though, people are not used to doing this kind of math--they need to be educated.

Its probably worse than than, the national average is $2.20/gal and most folks probably have a EV or TOU rate lower the the $0.12/kWh. Around here gas is ~$2.50 and I pay $0.06/kWh off-peak.

The thing is, though, people are not used to doing this kind of math--they need to be educated.

Here is the bath that even the non educated, like me, will understand:

First electric car! Model 3 - $400 a month on gas + $150 electricity + solar - $250 electricity = woohoo!

Reactions: neroden and EinSV
Status
Not open for further replies.