Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To do what? Sell? Buy more?

Combining yesterday and today gives us $14 to the upside at the moment. I'm sitting tight and enjoying the ride.
To
. close my lotto plays :)
. match day when city parking was announced in Boston, Chicago
. to break out of Triangle
. to try to reach upper BB
. to compensate for all the gloomy days in past 2 weeks ;) .. mainly

& i did think this would be back to 380 level if we had good 3Q numbers by time of Semi reveal ....

~ cheers

Reactions: Krugerrand
In the old days I would be documenting every new dollar level with a post :)
But now I'm more cautious because I know the stock can fall back.
That said... TSLA is at $356 which is $25 more than yesterday's low - congratulations if you caught the falling knife at $331.
I feel better about saying $330 provides some sort of support level... that good enough for you?

I bought a boatload of calls near the bottom yesterday. Working out to be my most successful twitch ever. Reinforcing bad behavior. I try not to twitch trade.

I'm busy making up the invite list for 'The' party. Obviously, those who have me on ignore are going to be kicking themselves.
I don't have you on ignore. Is there a SP point where the party becomes a done deal, or just when TT007 has arranged the catering for his house party?

To
. close my lotto plays :)
. match day when city parking was announced in Boston, Chicago
. to break out of Triangle
. to try to reach upper BB
. to compensate for all the gloomy days in past 2 weeks ;) .. mainly

& i did think this would be back to 380 level if we had good 3Q numbers by time of Semi reveal ....

~ cheers
Is this poetry or your Honey Do List?

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Standpoint upgrades Ford to Buy, downgrades Tesla to Sell

Standpoint Research analyst Ronnie Moas, in an intraday research report, upgraded Ford (F) to Buy from Hold with a $15 price target while downgrading Tesla (TSLA) to Sell from Hold with a $280 price target. Nomura Instinet last night initiated shares of Tesla with a $500 price target. The electric carmaker is up 2% to $355.32 in late morning trading while Ford is up less than 1% to $12.44. Moas notes that Ford shares offer a dividend yield of 5.1%.

I don't have you on ignore. Is there a SP point where the party becomes a done deal, or just when TT007 has arranged the catering for his house party?

Open to suggestions. So far we have The Party Like It’s $1999 Party idea. Others are welcome, but to be clear 007 has virtually no say on the matter. *We’ve* just simply invited ourselves to his place because bajillionaires like to host gynormous parties. Fact.

.. And another analyst reiterated buy PT 430

Gugenheim Rob Cihra

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/rob-cihra

Nomura guy with 500 PT is actually a well rated analyst

Ranked #201 out of 4,691 Analysts

Now lets see the GS dude with 210 PT (actually increased yesterday from 200 btw)

Ranked #4,487 out of 4,691 Analysts

Dude downgraded to Sell with PT of 185 when stock was at 250 late Feb. Well done...

Thank you to both for posting these; very informative.

I'm perplexed, however, that these sell-side analysts are getting cited left and right, whereas people are still doubting my short squeeze call.

Despite the fact that my accuracy is much higher at 82% than both analysts: https://www.tipranks.com/bloggers/valueanalyst

Standpoint Research analyst Ronnie Moas, in an intraday research report, upgraded Ford (F) to Buy from Hold with a $15 price target while downgrading Tesla (TSLA) to Sell from Hold with a $280 price target. Nomura Instinet last night initiated shares of Tesla with a $500 price target. The electric carmaker is up 2% to $355.32 in late morning trading while Ford is up less than 1% to $12.44. Moas notes that Ford shares offer a dividend yield of 5.1%.

This Ronnie guy will continue to hurt a lot of people (shorts). He was wrong on Amazon too. Ford is in big trouble, even Elon doesn't know what to do with it.

You’ve got to do your own transportation, but he’ll supply a sleeping bag for you to sleep on his front lawn. That right there is a privilege; if a certain CEO can sleeping bag it on the factory floor, you can do it on a nice cushy lawn.

Suppose I'll be rich enough for business class anyway, so... I'll bring some Belgian chocolates and amazing beers...

Ronnie Moas, who founded and runs Standpoint Research, had long been a vocal Tesla hater. Tesla doesn't fit his methodology, so he really should ignore it. I hadn't realized that last year he raised Tesla to a HOLD from a SELL because the share price had fallen. However at that time he emphasized that he would not be tempted to look at Tesla from the long side. He should have.

Moas didn't publicly change his Tesla opinion at the recent June or September highs. However during the market session today he reverted Tesla back to a SELL from a HOLD. Perhaps now he feels he's been ignored and wants to regain media attention for himself and offer click-bait for his pretentious website. The market paid modest attention for about two minutes earlier this hour. Now he seems to have been put back on ignore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.