Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not appropriate to encourage, let alone dare, people to buy short-term options, without even having met them, let alone extensively studying their return expectations, risk tolerances, liquidity needs, and other unique considerations.
In other words you are not willing to walk your talk!

Then how can you possibly disagree with my posts discouraging the risk of holding J18 short term options with a substantial portion of someone's portfolio?

Can't you see your inconsistency?!

In other words you are not willing to walk your talk!

Then how can you possibly disagree with my posts discouraging the risk of holding J18 short term options with a substantial portion of someone's portfolio?

Can't you see your inconsistency?!

Hmm... not sure what you mean. I disagreed with your statement, "That's completely irrelevant in terms of J18 calls" with respect to Tesla's future prospects relating to products other than Model 3. SP incorporates both past results and all future expectations. Model 3 is certainly a big part of the near-term future, but a lot of other things are also at play today as Navin correctly pointed out to you.

Last edited:
The comments are saying the video is real speed, if you look at the speed the sparks are flying. It's the line itself that is running at 1/10th speed. I wonder if this means that the line is running at 500 cars/wk?

That's my interpretation as well. The video is real-time, this station is running at 1/10th (500 cars/week), but this station isn't necessarily the bottleneck so don't think we can infer anything from it.

And I love that it makes the WSJ and Daily Kanban look stooooopid.

I like to sell OTM Puts and Calls that close 2-3 weeks out. I usually sell Puts after the SP has dropped 5-10% from where it was riding for a week or two, and Calls after the SP has risen 5-10%. I closed out last week successfully with 10 345 SP Puts and 10 390 SP Calls that were sold at slightly different times. I am not selling anything tomorrow or maybe Tuesday until I get a clear picture of how the market is reacting to the weekend's news on Model 3 delay, and postponement of the semi reveal, because I often interpret the news differently than the market seems to. If it holds steady or starts to climb, then I will sell Puts for SP around the 320-330 range, 2-3 weeks out. A little patience to get the timing right on options seems to help me. The only options I have bought are DITM Jan 2019 LEAPS. I'm not smart enough to buy lotto tickets, and I hate losing money.

Last edited:
That's my interpretation as well. The video is real-time, this station is running at 1/10th (500 cars/week), but this station isn't necessarily the bottleneck so don't think we can infer anything from it.

And I love that it makes the WSJ and Daily Kanban look stooooopid.

He does seem a bit defensive already :D

IMG_0062.jpg

Regards some posts up above...

a) Kiva is a great site - you don't even need to pay much out of your own pocket to make a difference. Just $25 gets you started and remember this is a loan, not a gift, so eventually the money is repaid and you get to re-loan it. Often you'll get sponsored projects that will match your donation, doubling your impact, and from time-to-time you get gifted money from donations that you can then put towards projects. I've used it for years

b) Sitting all day? Indeed, very bad for you - raises mortality by up to 40%. Simple solution, get a standing desk - I have been using for a couple of years now.

c) Oatmeal, no thanks! I'm zero-carbing it for the moment and only need to go every 2nd or 3rd day :p

• Informative
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Status
Not open for further replies.