Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who r waiting for a dip to buy TSLA at $310 will end up buying it at at $400+
Or not at all

I’m in as much as I can, but I’m looking to convert some core shares in my IRA into ITM LEAPs at a 3:1 ratio, targeting a delta of ~ 0.80.

Question TT: how do you think about when the right time is to make a move like that, near the upper band, lower band or it doesn’t matter, and why?

The nominal production capacity is 2500 MX/MS per week. So 48 x 2500 =120K MX/MS units, actually.

Yes, and Elon had used the word "conservatively" when indicating 2,500 per week during the 2Q14 earnings call:

"In the case of new SX body line, which is a line that is designed to be capable of 2,500 units a week, maybe more than that, conservatively at 2,500 units a week, at a lower cost point, we should be able to do that in parallel."

Note that this comment was made in August of 2014, and demand for both Model S and Model X has proven strong since then, so Tesla may already have been thinking about ways to increase capacity.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3
Based on your future PT predictions does it really matter if one buys at $310, $370, or even $450?

Yes! If future price is $1k, every extra share you can eek out by purchasing at a lower price is an extra 1k in your future pocket. 5% savings now is a 5% gain in the future. (Or, alluding to the 3 ramp, a few month shift in profit)

300 vs 450 is 50% more shares for the same cost and 50% more future value. (Present value too, when it gets to 450)

Ok, if you have a ludicrous number of shares, say 65.3 x Tt007_muliplier, it doesn't matter (similar to nuclear weapons and MAD), but for we mere mortals, it does.

Reactions: Dagger
Yes! If future price is $1k, every extra share you can eek out by purchasing at a lower price is an extra 1k in your future pocket. 5% savings now is a 5% gain in the future. (Or, alluding to the 3 ramp, a few month shift in profit)

300 vs 450 is 50% more shares for the same cost and 50% more future value. (Present value too, when it gets to 450)

Ok, if you have a ludicrous number of shares, say 65.3 x Tt007_muliplier, it doesn't matter (similar to nuclear weapons and MAD), but for we mere mortals, it does.

Exactly my point. *IF* you have FU amount of $ do you really care about 300vs450 when your PT is $2k+

Y
I only have an Insane number but purchase price definitely is relevant to me. OTOH, we all know that market timing is exceedingly difficult and usually futile. I have historically been lucky, mostly, but I am keenly aware that is IS luck, not skill, because I have some well remembered duds in my history. Every serious investor I know has had duds. Quite a few try hard to deny they've ever had a loss.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and EinSV
Correct, which is why I did not list the "series of strike prices."

I don't really want to discuss the details of my investment; I think it's unnecessary, and I see no benefit from it.

I just wanted to clarify my confidence in Tesla's future, and my investment only directionally, in case anyone had any doubts.
Congratulations!

Welcome to the huge profits club! A smart and lucrative decision!

It's not really an investment, it's more like shooting fish in a barrel!
It was not my intention to post a universal recommendation to purchase options. Please be careful if you consider buying options.

This PDF is a little out of date but I think that it will be helpful:
J19LEAPS-BuyInJan2017.pdf

This is the guy who is starting a class action lawsuit against tesla

Kevin Chan: Rosen Law

If you look at his other cases - he literally is trolling almost every company in the news these days. This is nonsense in its finest form
They're all materially the same case.

<Company> said X when making forward looking statements. This was later found to be untrue when the dust settled. This mislead and therefore damaged investors.

• Helpful
Reactions: Intl Professor

Agreed. If the stock goes from $200 to $8000, $1M will turn into 40M, wait and get in at $400, you will only have $20M. It's a big difference.

Also, those who got in early can sit through fluctuations. Those who bought late are more likely to be shaken out.

I know a guy who got all in around $20 now expecting $1000. Never sold a share. He only posted once at the time he got all in. That's the approach everyone should learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.