Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at how spiky TSLA looks today, I'd guess that some biggish short seller is working the stock, selling in sizeable lots, trying to get a dip going.
tslaapr9a.JPG

$TSLA right now I'm trading on the basis of weekly chart not daily
weekly is much more important it is riding the Bollinger
$TSLA ran out of all ammo
no more buying power left
I'm poor as a church mouse now
guess I'll just go swimming
sorry longs I did my part
Maybe Neoroden will have the last laugh and margin clerks will clean me out

Last edited:
Interesting analogy. Makes sense.

I think you'd be surprised how illiquid this stock is and how much even a high-net-worth individual can move the stock. I had difficulty buying even a few hundred shares AT A TIME for clients without moving the stock. I had to separate the trades over time. I discussed the illiquidity of TSLA in this article (subscription required).
I've actually kind of noticed this illiquidity. Bid-ask spreads can open up wide and buying more than about 200 shares can move the stock. I started accumulating my shares by selling puts a while back, which slides under the radar in some way....

Papafox noticed that single trades (within the ability of a high-net-worth individual) were causing short intraday drops in the stock, and speculated that there were short-sellers deliberately doing this.

I'm afraid I'm not going to subscribe to SeekingAlpha after their egregious failures of moderation of dishonest articles.

If you'd be willing to give a precis of your understanding of the nature of the illiquidity of TSLA it would be appreciated.

How is that different than spreading the fake facts on climate change?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but asking the question.
For whatever reason, spreading propaganda often gets a free pass from the SEC (no matter how much money is lost while doing so), while speculating in stocks doesn't (the SEC cares about companies losing money by speculating in stocks without disclosing it).

Go figure.

I'll also note an asymmetry: if the management *makes* money inappropriately speculating in stocks and concealing it, nobody complains. It's only if they *lose* money that they start getting hammered legally.

Reactions: Lessmog and MitchJi
Regarding macro weakness today, I recently heard on CNBC last week that market is typically weak first half of April. Tax related selling. Second half of month is historically strong

My God. I really didn't expect to be watching this runup this fast.

(During 2013, I was.... distracted. I looked up to see that the runup had happened.)

$TSLA right now I'm trading on the basis of weekly chart not daily
weekly is much more important it is riding the Bollinger
$TSLA ran out of all ammo
no more buying power left
I'm poor as a church mouse now
guess I'll just go swimming
sorry longs I did my part
Maybe Neoroden will have the last laugh and margin clerks will clean me out

I wish you the best of luck. I, however, am happy with my large unleveraged position.

Status
Not open for further replies.