Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some lessons and random thoughts
I was very bullish on SNAP after its IPO and put a bunch of $ in calls but then as the stock started acting poorly I sold all of them at a minor loss and stayed clear of SNAP. I did briefly get tempted May 4th after TSLA ER when TSLA was down 6 to 7% intraday and SNAP was up 5% intraday. for a few minutes I did entertain the idea of pulling all my $ from TSLA and buying SNAP but I decided against it for several reasons, mainly because I'm all or none guy and I put all my money in a single stock at any given time and I just didn't wanna take that risk with SNAP when it was severely overpriced and facing intense competition from FB. TSLA on the other hand has zero competition and is a virtual monopoly and is severely underpriced. I'm so glad I kept my eyes on the bigger picture and didn't get overly influenced by any given day's SP movement
Special thanks to AB...Anne Boleyn who correctly predicted at the time of SNAP IPO in March that SNAP will flame out by summer.. she turned out to be right. She may not know much about the stock market but she is a true trendsetter and she is right on the money about retail and music as well as several market trends.
Oh by the way, some dude asked after last week ER debacle if she has a strategy for making back her money. AB kept the faith and her account is up 82% in the last 2 months or so and at ATH today. I fully expect her to make at least 5 to 10 times her money if not more over the next several months and she will deserve every single last penny
If I ever even hear of you considering putting your money in the "giga pet of social media" I will refuse to hang out with you anymore.

Asphalt rolled roofing imo (not the prettiest) I had thoughts on what I would do if I ever get to build a house and have to wait a while to get a tesla roof.
Yeah, I think that's probably what I'm going with. I think of that as "tarpaper" :) Anyway, at the rate this extension project is going it might get delayed so long that the solar roof will be available. But I really don't want it to be, I need the extension now.

Reactions: Ameliorate
But I couldn't pass up rescuing my would-be response to this post from Tuesday - none of you supposèd whiz kids caught this:

By your reckoning, then, the "#" number of figures I'm playing with is about to be #0.

Oh my.
I wouldn't mind if my Tesla stock was worth 10 times as much, certainly.

Wouldn't be enough to build my dream without outside fundings (it's about three orders of magnitude short -- I have big dreams), but it would be nice.

MODERATOR INPUT
It's been so exciting in the market that I'm sure none of you noticed, but -

your Moderator has been AWOL for over two weeks. So there.

And now I'm back. So double there.

And some of you have been very bad boyz 'n grilz in that time but, given what's happened to the stock prices of both TSLA and NVDA I happen to be in a very very good and forgiving mood so yer all off the hook.

But I couldn't pass up rescuing my would-be response to this post from Tuesday - none of you supposèd whiz kids caught this:

By your reckoning, then, the "#" number of figures I'm playing with is about to be #0.

Oh my.
Father, did you get your cigarettes?

Mostly major items: Model 3 setback, FSD delay beyond 1H18, Elon health etc.

I have a long list that I continuously monitor with automated keyword searches.
I don't understand why you would monitor M3 setbacks or FSD slipping for a long term investment. One of the main reasons that I believe that J19 LEAPS are safer than J18's is that even if there's a six month delay in the M3 launch, which I believe isn't possible the J19's will do very well.

FSD before 2018 is an unexpected bonus.

I agree that Elon's health is critical but I also think that when I check the TSLA SP on yahoo or check the teslanews site that if something has happened to Elon that I won't be able to miss it.

I'm pretty sure Elon said that there would be an option for heating in the tiles to melt snow/ice. I see no mention of that option in the limited material they have online. That is a major selling point for me as we get 2 foot snow falls from time to time and I have a 2 story house on a hill with a very steep gabled roof.

Tesla heating elements.png

I don't understand why you would monitor M3 setbacks or FSD slipping for a long term investment. One of the main reasons that I believe that J19 LEAPS are safer than J18's is that even if there's a six month delay in the M3 launch, which I believe isn't possible the J19's will do very well.

If those two timelines slipped, it would affect Elon's credibility,

FSD before 2018 is an unexpected bonus.

I agree that Elon's health is critical but I also think that when I check the TSLA SP on yahoo or check the teslanews site that if something has happened to Elon that I won't be able to miss it.

Because Tesla is essentially a pre-revenue (Model 3/Y etc) venture capital investment, much of the intrinsic value depends on taking Elon at his word. If M3 or FSD slip, then markets will continue to discount what he says and the price will take longer to catch up to what you and I think is intrinsic value.

Anyone with more than $500/share price target is basically betting that markets will discount Elon's projections less going forward following a successful (on time and profitable) Model 3 ramp up.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.