Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you refer to The Guardian British "newspaper" leftish barely covers it, --a bunch of left wing, well to do clowns that consider hard times not getting a "gap year" they can all afford their principles of keeping an eye out for the "working man" whilst looking down their noses at him. So few people read it they're resorting to donations-- just a matter of time 'till the money runs out an it's the dole que or the BBC another sorry bunch
How's this TSLA market action?

As a new investor 2 years ago that was pissed with Elon,
I don't think he cares about new investors...

What I mean with that is, do not expect that he's very concerned with stock price if he has no need for capital raise in near future

Seems like it but he needs to care about the general trend as i bet the higher stock price in recent months is helping him fend off UAW.

Reactions: TrendTrader007
Well, it is a direct quote in an interview he gave the Guardian. The reason IR is not commenting can be taking to mean he actually did say it. In the context it even makes sense, since he was making the case that unions shouldn't be trying to squeeze the company. In doing so he trotted out and CONFIRMED 2 favorite bear talking points 1) The company is overvalued and 2) they lose money.

And with respect, it is not 'yesterday's news. Elon calling a top has been a very reliable top indicator in the past.

This makes me nauseous. I feel more inclined to bail and wait for the M3 financial results.

Right. And it was noteworthy enough to get Chanos to climb out from wherever he has been hiding for the last 5 months and start pushing the short trade on Tesla again using this quote.

Oh this is definitely "creative editing" and parsing out of context. I don't remember the source but the gist of what Mr. Musk was saying is that it's overvalued if you're looking from today back to the past, but markets are based on futures.

That is what Elon said extremely clearly in a pair of twitter posts a month or two ago. What's more, he said it in a manner voicing considerable confidence in the current valuation, not skepticism.

I'd dig up twitter posts and share here, but, a little pressed for time on the moment.

if you refer to The Guardian British "newspaper" leftish barely covers it, --a bunch of left wing, well to do clowns that consider hard times not getting a "gap year" they can all afford their principles of keeping an eye out for the "working man" whilst looking down their noses at him. So few people read it they're resorting to donations-- just a matter of time 'till the money runs out an it's the dole que or the BBC another sorry bunch
Very possibly you might be a bit exaggerating. As a reasonably broad reader, US Fox News and CNBC, For England I read The Times too. However in the main, the English circulation is strongly right, led by Mr Murdoch with The Sun while
The Times is not so popular. FWIW I also read Mr. Murdoch' Wall Street Journal.
The Guardian is not quite so clownish as you imply, certainly not more clownish than The Sun.

The point, from TSLA perspective, is that The Guardian is sympathetic to labor union organizing. Thus critics of Tesla labor practice will get a loud hearing. I doubt you disagree, though you obviously want to be polemic. I do not, I just want to understand the perspective of any news coverage of TSLA.

That is what Elon said extremely clearly in a pair of twitter posts a month or two ago. What's more, he said it in a manner voicing considerable confidence in the current valuation, not skepticism.

I'd dig up twitter posts and share here, but, a little pressed for time on the moment.

Yeah I don't mind this twitter quote.

Elon Musk on Twitter

"Exactly. Tesla is absurdly overvalued if based on the past, but that's irrelevant. A stock price represents risk-adjusted future cash flows."​

But the Guardian quote, if it is a quote, is not the same wording or even the same sentiment.

I totally agree. However, isn't the function of the IR department to put things into proper context. This is not the normal 'Tesla killer on the horizon' article.

Again, does not hurt to have many investors asking for clarification. Just need a clear one paragraph statement from IR.

edit: Better than all of us doing our own creative editing/offering opinions on the veracity.

Paging Andrea James

Contact Investor Relations | Tesla Motors

Thanks Al. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but, I just wrote IR a note on this : )

Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Yeah I don't mind this twitter quote.

Elon Musk on Twitter

"Exactly. Tesla is absurdly overvalued if based on the past, but that's irrelevant. A stock price represents risk-adjusted future cash flows."​

But the Guardian quote, if it is a quote, is not the same wording or even the same sentiment.

Appreciate your finding that. The point of my post was pinning down for another member where specifically Elon had very recently made this rather contrary comment to what the apparent Guardian cut/paste montage seems to imply, not in anyway an assertion that it was one of the sources of the Guardian's very very likely cut and pasting play.

Reactions: TrendTrader007
I am not sure why all the tizzy re: Elon's quote. Do I wish he hadn't said it? Yes. But in context to me it's quite clear that he is saying that as a company they are not taking advantage of their workers to rake in fat profits. Rather they are all working hard to try to achieve the high expectations that are assumed by the current high market cap. He's saying, IMO, that unless they all work super hard they have no right to deserve that market cap. And even if they do all work super hard, they barely deserve it. That should not be news to anyone here. I am very heavily invested in this company, but the valuation and very survival of this company depends on everyone recognizing the mission and working hard. Now they should not be injured on the job, but that's old news. They are now below industry average on injuries. So nothing to complain about there either. So anyway, I think he's just saying they have a ton of execution yet to deserve the market cap they have, and I totally agree.

This is why I am in a tizzy:

quote.JPG

I remember this all too well. It very much felt like it signaled the top of a long rally. Maybe it's different this time, but this is what happend last time he pulled this. Sure it was fine in 4 months. I might sit this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.