Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working for a living while making money in TSLA is not a bad combination
I just might quit working 7 days a week if TSLA continues to go up like this though and cut down to just 6 days a week
I'll definitely cut down to 5 days a week or even 4 once the stock hits $4000 sometime in the next 5 to 10 years

Nah, you'll just keep working (ok, only 6 days), and keep adding to your position...;)

Fascinating daily chart activity on the candles. Harami+ pattern May 23-24, followed by continuous moderate Green Day's. If today's pattern holds, it will form a Three White Soldiers (reversal of a down trend pattern). I am counting 23/24 as part of Harami pattern.

Furthermore this current pattern is held up by strong volume (as of this post, the current day's volume is around 5.5 million, with average volumes around 5.8 million).

Conservative bull here: Please be careful out there. The stock may very well see $350 soon but I am also one who has been through two major swoons over the past three years. Use your money to invest in TSLA wisely and make sure it will not affect your day to day living or be needed for a known upcoming large expense.

This IS investment advice.

It's not that easy. My last ten free TSLA articles were rejected. I don't want to speculate why, but that's been the case.

SA finally allowed me to create my own "premium" service, but tens of thousands of people read the free articles, 90% of which come from the bears, and the subscription uptake is a small fraction of that audience. I find it really odd that people would rather spend their days reading free FUD than pay for, at least what I believe, is higher quality.

So that means, tens of thousands of SA readers are being exposed to shorts' FUD, and there is not much I can do about it.

It could easily be that like any current events type source, SA simply chooses to publish what people want to hear, instead of what makes sense or provides a balanced view. Makes 'em more money. Good on you for trying to steer lemmings away from the cliff, but why? If SA is editorially biased, just let this whole thing go and find a better platform.

Good Luck!

Recently I provided a link to my relevant post of 2013 MAR 12. On Sunday a TMC member reminded me of my post of 2013 APR 16 by giving it a "Love". Here's a link to that post from an earlier day when TSLA also achieved an all-time high: Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013
I was one of those that sold during the run up in 2013 thinking I could time the dips. I've learned my lesson. Core investment doesn't get touched. Trade some covered calls that then is used to play the market a little bit.

Some people here should be careful mocking the shorts. Because the shorts at least are holding steady. A lot of them are more than 50% deep in loss yet they're still holding. While a lot of people here, mocking the shorts etc. don't hesitate to sell after a -5% .....

They may be holding onto their short positions only because they don't have another option.

Can you imagine if word spread that Jim Chanos was trying to get out?

TSLA would likely surge to $1,000+ without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.