Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bought another OTM put at $357. This is unbelievable. I can only imagine how the shorts feel...

Edit: Pulled a TTOO7 last week and bought a couple more shares at $242. Felt pretty stupid almost as soon as I did it. Doesn't look too bad now...

Why buy puts and more shares?

It seems to me a good way to incur transaction costs with the two offsetting each other in terms of exposure.

Reactions: neroden
Why buy puts and more shares?

It seems to me a good way to incur transaction costs with the two offsetting each other in terms of exposure.

Buying short term puts in case this is temporary upswing for shareholder meeting. Will do the same for Q2 earnings. But I could just be throwing money away. I realize that. Just helps me sleep at night when going into news events riding high.

Reactions: D-egg-O
I'm starting to struggle with this psychologically. Tripled my low 6 figure investment since last September, moved most up and out into J19 $300's recently. Now the itch is to deleverage. It's moving too fast for me to get comfortable with the "new normal" of the state of my investment account :)

Reactions: CorneliusXX
I'm starting to struggle with this psychologically. Tripled my low 6 figure investment since last September, moved most up and out into J19 $300's recently. Now the itch is to deleverage. It's moving too fast for me to get comfortable with the "new normal" of the state of my investment account :)
Yeah, similar situation here. Trying to balance the possibility of "easy come easy go" with "strike while the iron is hot." I'm trying to maintain similar (high) leverage with options while increasing my cash position to maintain an ability to buy on any possible dips.

Reactions: neroden
Yeah, similar situation here. Trying to balance the possibility of "easy come easy go" with "strike while the iron is hot." I'm trying to maintain similar (high) leverage with options while increasing my cash position to maintain an ability to buy on any possible dips.
Sitting on 2,200 shares since years ago. Feel like a deer in the headlights.

I feel your "pain." It sounds like I am in a very similar situation, options strike, and exposure to you. I am freaking out, but so far plan to try and hold fast until at least January of next year, when the first of my options will hit long term capital gains. This is probably too aggressive, and I will regret it, but it's my plan for now. I am very comfortable with the shares I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.