Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you personally know any shorts/bears, please reach out to them.

Explain to them the risks of a short squeeze, and show them what happened in April 2013.

Explain to them the long-term competitive advantage Tesla has with its Gigafactories.

And, if they still choose to stay short, explain to them that they can at least somewhat hedge their exposure with OTM call options.

I strongly sense this is going to be one of thise days I can't keep up with all the comments. $360 anyone?
I didn't think it likely as short-term as today, but now with TSLA pushing $357 for like the 3rd time, it may keep pushing through!

NOTE: $360 is double what it was at when Mark B.S. gave his nonsensical speech around 6 months ago.

NOTE #2: I think it's fair to say Tesla's market cap has passed that of BMW, and Tesla is now the world's third-largest "automaking company" by market cap.

Last edited:
I am not sure what you consider 'luxury'. I consider Volvo up there....so this might not apply..but I just read (sorry not sure if Car and Driver, Motortrend or whatever) that Volvo plans to make only EV's from 2025 onwards. I think thats fantastic.

We have owned three Volvos; one was the freshly minted 960. We also turned our nose on them around 2004 as we returned to Toyota. Notice I have not mentioned any US brands. If you look at what heat, if you will, Tesla and faithful buyers, and share holders have endured since 2011 you might understand my middle finger facing the competition and fossil fuel industry. My wife and I have been buying cars together since 1973, and managed new cars in almost all cases on a single income. We have always tried to buy based on safety and miles per gallon.

GM had a head start on the alternative world of electric cars, but through piss poor protoplasm (PPP ~ her view) or crappy management (what I call it) or corruption (you might call it) they lost the edge. Ford, well, not sure what planet they are on. Mercedes had the edge on driverless cars and again with crappy management they are off balance.

Historically had Ford faced a hostile stock market like today, had Ford tried to put in place gas stations, had Ford tried to refined fossil fuel ~ well we would still be riding horses and producing our own gasses:) Tesla is manufacturing cars, yes with fewer parts, Tesla is doubling SuperCharging statins this year, and beginning Gigafactory production of the batteries.

We barrowed our son-in-laws pickup, used to be ours back in March, to haul old dry rotten wood to the dump. Applying acceleration in the truck is noisy, fossil fuel intensive/consuming and down right sluggish. I was really glad to be back in my MX. Those of you still waiting for your M3; if it is a stereotypical Tesla, you are in for the ride of your life.

Everything said here is based on more years than most of you can count (still have 30 yrs in the tank) worth of hours behind the wheel (including tanks and artillery pieces), buying, and performing maintenance. Tesla exceeds them all, bar none.

I want the competition to help gut the fossil fuel industry/lords by going electric or some other alternative form of fuel. Their (competition) problem is that they are slow on the uptick and are no where near sustainable yet. It takes intelligence, time, and money ~ above all great management.

I am looking forward to the kick off of solar roofs:)

Watching the Level 2 and the tape today is very interesting. Usually when someone parks a huge offer 25 cents above the last price, it scares the bid down, anticipating the offer will lower, and they can then buy the shares for less.

Today? Big offers get taken out by a quick price spike upwards, then price re-stabilizes in the same range as it was before. One example was 1:01pm (eastern) - 67 lots showed up on 357.50, last trade was ~357.15. Few seconds later, those 67 lots (6700 shares) got instantly taken out, causing the volume spike you see on that minute on the 1m chart.

Edit - clearly this is a case of very determined accumulating buyer(s) trying to buy as much as they can before bumping another ATH...

hypnotic-eyes_disney-jungle-book_2079.jpg

Tessssla hass yet to show profitsssss....

Status
Not open for further replies.