Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been driving an S and X for past 8 months.

At this point...

Plugging in seems totally natural.

Pumping gas seems like shoveling coal into steam engine.

So I see why TSLA's stock is doing what it is doing.

Tesla is Apple.

GM, Ford, etc. are Nokia... and will never catch up.

I had to go get gas for my lawn mower, my wife asked why I cannot take my Model X... that convo did not end well. Needless to say, I took her mini van.

I feel your "pain." It sounds like I am in a very similar situation, options strike, and exposure to you. I am freaking out, but so far plan to try and hold fast until at least January of next year, when the first of my options will hit long term capital gains. This is probably too aggressive, and I will regret it, but it's my plan for now. I am very comfortable with the shares I own.
I think a lot of folks are in a similar situation; I'm currently evaluating selling calls at one strike higher than my jan 2019 LEAPs to allow myself to get long term capital gains treatment on my long calls -- you can see more discussion on this topic in the trading strategies thread...

surfside

Reactions: neroden
tenor.gif

TRENDTRADER007 BE LIKE...

I had to go get gas for my lawn mower, my wife asked why I cannot take my Model X... that convo did not end well. Needless to say, I took her mini van.
Dang man, sell 2 shares and buy an electric battery electric mower! ;) (Or sell 7 and get an electric riding mower.) Before I could afford to buy a BEV as my daily commuter vehicle, I was sure to ditch the gasoline power tools. Ryobi 18v tools plus an 80v Kobalt cordless mower.

I've been unable to find an adequate explanation for the recent surge in my favorite SP until recently. Kenliles' posts are always insightful but #1141 on the macro thread is especially powerful. (Sorry I don't know how to link on cross thread posts but that should do.)

Given my traditional political instincts, I think we should thank the Donald for putting gasoline onto the fire of what business and all intelligent investors should do, investing in the future. Trump's rejection of Paris and his rationale was so **sugared** up I'm coming to believe he is the anti-Christ of sound investment. Now, thanks to Ken's analysis, I understand smart money does the opposite of what the Donald understands to be reality. People are already seeing this as the Supremes will, tweet by tweet. Congress will be late; there is a solution but too political for tender ears here. Later. In the meantime enjoy the Trump squeeze.

Edit: Is it true that Jeff Sessions is in hot water? Revolutionaries do, indeed, eat their children.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.