Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You want a contrarian indicator?

A tesla bear on sleezekinky alfalfa, yesterday , whom on 2-3 occasions told me he had "_*zero*_" equity short or long, wished that _*all*_ tesla owners and drivers would crash their tesla's, (implying pain injury or death).
It took me multiple reports to get the post deleted, literally hours, that's an indication of the level of how ROFWSIG they are at, with no "poking the bear", other than a mild comment about "up 100+% in 6 months" and saying they are free to join the longs.
Sheesh, buncha ungrateful non shorts, trying to help.....drop a low denomination coin in their alms box and they want to gut you
(I love the A/D line)
No wonder Musk tweeted this a few days ago:
upload_2017-6-14_7-21-51.png

Current concerns regarding my TSLA trading funds (not core shares): To de-leverage on the way up or on the way down, that's the question...
Anyone have any opinions they'd like to share on that? I believe Papafox sells his LEAPs on the way up. If you de-leverage on the way down, since TSLA can shift so quickly, waiting for a trend reversal indicator may not be all that worthwhile. So far on this climb, I've continued leveraging rather than the reverse but it is definitely time to think about the opposite. I'm mainly in shares at this point plus some J19 LEAPs and a few short term calls to hold until we get to the M3 reveal.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Thanks for the solid advice.

Tesla is definitely a buy and hold stock for me. I assume it will be a bumpy ride along the way.

**On a side note, yes I know my investing knowledge is basically nil (last work with trading stocks was $1000 of Biomet and Exxon when I was 16), but I believe in Tesla as a company so I want to get in as early as possible and then learn all I can from there. Basically the opposite of how you really should do it.
No, not the opposite of how you should do it, but you have to have some self determined rules. Understand the risk and invest in a company you believe in for the future. That risk includes things well beyond any of our control or ability to foretell the future, like an economic collapse, war, mother nature, etc. But even if we avoid macro calamity there will always be downturns especially for a company that has so many haters who try their best to manipulate the stock price and stop Tesla from being successful. But a company that continues to meet its goals will always come back so you have to not panic and sell in a downtrend unless you absolutely have to. Don't bet the ranch, but invest what you can afford to lose. If your feelings are correct you will be rewarded with growth of your investments. Only you can decide what you can afford to risk.

Reactions: BornToFly
Current concerns regarding my TSLA trading funds (not core shares): To de-leverage on the way up or on the way down, that's the question...
Anyone have any opinions they'd like to share on that? I believe Papafox sells his LEAPs on the way up. If you de-leverage on the way down, since TSLA can shift so quickly, waiting for a trend reversal indicator may not be all that worthwhile. So far on this climb, I've continued leveraging rather than the reverse but it is definitely time to think about the opposite. I'm mainly in shares at this point plus some J19 LEAPs and a few short term calls to hold until we get to the M3 reveal.

Deleveraging on the way up has been my approach. Losing some gains, but better positioned to protect gains from a negative event. Went from out of the money J'18 and J'19 leaps to deep in the money J'19 leaps. Currently in J'19 250 leaps. For each $10 gain, have been repositioning into $10 dollar higher J'19 calls and placing the gain in cash. Quite a run for TSLA, but there is more since we still have a short squeeze ahead. Seems we are getting some help from large investors who are in for "the kill" of the shorts.

One nice thing about the stock rising slowly (well, slowly relative to a squeeze, anyway) is that it ratchets up the price where longs will be tempted to sell during a squeeze. It's a lot more tempting to sell at $500 if the stock was $200 two days ago than if it was $380 and rising two days ago. The more I think about it, the more I want this slow (again relatively) ramp to continue vs a rapid squeeze. There will be that much more dead frog soup to go around...

If this is a representative sample of your analytical skills then you should stay far away from the stock market. You'll just be losing all your money and making your wife angry.

Tesla is definitely a buy and hold stock for me. I assume it will be a bumpy ride along the way.

...my investing knowledge is basically nil [ ] but I believe in Tesla as a company so I want to get in as early as possible and then learn all I can from there. Basically the opposite of how you really should do it.

In that case buy the stock and make your wife mad...
about something else

Life's all in the strategies---

If anyone bails out Spiegel, he would become a permanent enemy of mine. Spiegel deserves to suffer a lot.
At first blush your comment may seem harsh, but honestly these shorts aren't just being financially selfish/dumb, they're quite literally hurting the planet and the human race by trying to hurt Tesla. They most certainly should be shunned, and not given shelter.

At first blush your comment may seem harsh, but honestly these shorts aren't just being financially selfish/dumb, they're quite literally hurting the planet and the human race by trying to hurt Tesla. They most certainly should be shunned, and not given shelter.
I honestly do not understand the people who feel sorry for the people who are out to destroy Tesla. It is not just that they may or may not understand the damage they are doing to the planet, but the fact is they won't shed a tear if their best case occurs and we lose our investment. My main goal is that Tesla succeeds fabulously and I make a lot on my investment, but I will shed no tears for these manipulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.