Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the blatant manipulation to $350, max-pain for a major options expiration date, hasn't started yet.

Maybe never?

Is the short squeeze here?

Slow squeeze perhaps?

I don't know, but my guess is that short sellers are slowly closing out their positions in the hopes of avoiding the trigger of a violent upward surge.

So do we hold above $380? $400 by next week? I honestly did not expect this until closer to the end of the year when the M3 production will be clarified, but I will certainly take this big bounce.

Edit: Can people please stop adding to the noise. Discuss the SP and all our hopes, dreams and nightmares related to TSLA. Signed, an idiot investor.

I've been doing the opposite, but not as frequently. Instead of putting the money in cash I've been rolling to higher strike prices. This is IMO an epic opportunity. I'm not sure why the $50k drop on our portfolio on Friday didn't bother me at all. It might be because I'm extremely confident or that I don't worry about money.

A refresh before the M3 ramp is likely. So if it's underway it's a good sign for the M3 ramp.

Your plan will likely work and make you lots of money, but if there's a completely unexpected development in macros or at Tesla, you could lose it all. I agree that at the moment J19s look very solid, though. If you're in a position to begin again from scratch, that's fine, but with the outlook for TSLA looking so bright in the coming years, I'd personally hate to risk so much on a single bet when you can still become ridiculously wealthy by using more conservative approaches that account for "sugar happens".

On an "interesting" note, there's huge volume on this week's $390 call - over 11k, open interest 5k. Was watching times and sales earlier and someone was buying hundreds of them at a time (on or near ask) near the highs of the day today, and did not sell after we dumped off the highs but kept accumulating, albeit more slowly.
Nothing eye popping on accumulators, slowly rising bid and some profit taking, nothing crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.