Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha ... Hey, maitaminit yo! Never saw anyone sneaking in to taste my fresh fillet of haddock in a creamy wine sauce with new potatoes this evening.

Or did you have me confused with the venerable AGA perchance? Not an actual relation, sorry.
Mimick of your published recipies from (more than one) forum exude lucious delectfulness.
Well done

POTUS's removal from office would probably boost the market because Pence is a textbook conservative and mentally stable, reducing a lot of uncertainty. Impeachment, however, would induce a lot of uncertainty. Everyone knows Trump wouldn't go down without a fight, and no one's quite sure how far he'd go to stay in office.
I'm not sure about how mentally stable. Have you seen the talk he gave that evolution is complete bunk? Although, compared to trump, I guess so.

Last edited:
Are y'all still doubting my short squeeze call?

Vote with Like or Disagree.

This is not the squeeze you're looking for

hqdefault.jpg

After Mark Spiegel got back on today, the train can finally leave the station. This is how Mark is taking the train:
(Deleted link)
Please don't be offended, but I don't think that link was appropriate. I really didn't need to see that poor woman. Honestly that's very sad and could've ended with life lost. I would never wish this on anyone.

Now back on topic, I do wonder if this could be Spiegel bottom #2?

Please don't be offended, but I don't think that link was appropriate. I really didn't need to see that poor woman. Honestly that's very sad and could've ended with life lost. I would never wish this on anyone.

Now back on topic, I do wonder if this could be Spiegel bottom #2?
You're right, that was insensitive of me to link that video.

any significance to $354? AFAIK people mentioned lots of technical indicators are in the mid $340s, and the gap on 7/3 is at $352...

Edit: looks like it's moot now, $355 is in play

Edit: nvmd about $355. approaching $357 now...

Conversion at par on 2019 and 2021 notes is $359.87. Arbitrage opportunities above that level.

Any thoughts on the increase in Finished Goods Inventory?

Nine months ago, at 9/30/16, it was $791.6 MM, including 5,500 cars in-transit to customers at quarter end.

As of 6/30/17, it was $1,470.4 MM, including 3,500 cars in-transit to customers at quarter end.

That's an increase of $678.8 MM in Inventory plus 2,000 car less in the delivery channels. If the COGs of Ss & Xs averages about $85k (?), that's an extra ~10,000 unsold cars more in Finished Goods Inventory. Floor models and service loaners have increased in both volume and value but is that sufficient to account for the increase?

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: KLC13 and 22522

Nine months ago, at 9/30/16, it was $791.6 MM, including 5,500 cars in-transit to customers at quarter end.

As of 6/30/17, it was $1,470.4 MM, including 3,500 cars in-transit to customers at quarter end.

That's an increase of $678.8 MM in Inventory plus 2,000 car less in the delivery channels. If the COGs of Ss & Xs averages about $85k (?), that's an extra ~10,000 unsold cars more in Finished Goods Inventory. Floor models and service loaners have increased in both volume and value but is that sufficient to account for the increase?

That finished goods inventory now includes some solar systems, and much more PowerPacks and PowerWalls. PowerPack and solar systems bound for lease don’t get re-categorized until installation actually begins. Also, that figure has used trade-in vehicles. I suspect Tesla is taking a slew of used trade-ins. They also took quite a hit refurbishing and then selling them as CPOs.

I'll review this weekend, but I had expected an increase as I mentioned in my notes to 1Q17 form 10-q (you can find online since I'm not allowed to link even my free articles here)

Also, consider solarcity acquisition.

Just a reminder of a simple math to churn this weekend to all of padawans here. Patience, be mindful of your mind, it betrays you.

Wow..

Ok, doing another simple math, we're up +$30 in one trading day (incl After Hours) since yesterday. Extrapolating this rate of change, the stock price would almost double in the next 10 trading days..

Don't sell, don't sell.. just be patient for another 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.