Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to think that while I thought Jonas was foolish predicting 2K 2017 model 3 deliveries he is now making me look foolish for thinking 15-20K.

I actually agree with VA that the silver lining for me and other J20 LEAP buyers is that this may be a good thing as I will be shocked (and I , as usual, could be wrong) but I can't help but feeling this will put the brakes on any fast SP rise over the next 6 weeks.

PCdEzP6.png

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I am starting to think that while I thought Jonas was foolish predicting 2K 2017 model 3 deliveries he is now making me look foolish for thinking 15-20K.

I actually agree with VA that the silver lining for me and other J20 LEAP buyers is that this may be a good thing as I will be shocked (and I , as usual, could be wrong) but I can't help but feeling this will put the brakes on any fast SP rise over the next 6 weeks.
Six to eight weeks is mid November to the beginning of December. That is for the configurator going live. Mid November your 15-20k might be feasible. If they produce 3k per week from mid November that's 18k.

But regardless it looks like the odds of us getting a good entry point to buy J20 just improved :D!

OTOH If I had a significant number of J18's I'd be looking for a good chance to unload them before the Q3 ER, because it doesn't look like we can count on good news.

Not an advice. I decided to strike out the not an advice because I decided that it's hard to make a mistake being too cautious with expiring options.

Last edited:

J20 LEAP will be available mid Nov. Now the Semi unveil is lined up with it. Not good for us who plan to buy the LEAP. I feel TT007 is right regarding the price movement.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
J20 LEAP will be available mid Nov. Now the Semi unveil is lined up with it. Not good for us who plan to buy the LEAP. I feel TT007 is right regarding the price movement.

Couldn't one buy the J19 and roll over if worried about an SP rise into semi event?

Or even buy the same strike next monthly at fraction of the cost to lock in a purchase price for J20?

Reactions: everman
In late 2016 I was planning to buy 2019 LEAPs, I was so worried if the stock would rally before November. Turned out the stock went to $180 twice in Nov. It was a rare gift for us LEAP buyers and share buyers.

I think at this time anything negative (like production delay) is actually good. Let's load up 2020 LEAPs and then let the party start.

If someone can convince the bears to short more...

In late 2016 I was planning to buy 2019 LEAPs, I was so worried if the stock would rally before November. Turned out the stock went to $180 twice in Nov. It was a rare gift for us LEAP buyers and share buyers.

I think at this time anything negative (like production delay) is actually good. Let's load up 2020 LEAPs and then let the party start.

If someone can convince the bears to short more...

They need no convincing; bear:bull ratio in Seeking Alpha comments section is about 20:1, and I no longer think even half of those are paid FUDsters. People just blindly believe what a handful of FUDsters put out and keep regurgiating them among each other. It's really odd to watch.

Having said that, I'm a bit concerned about recession chances in 2019, even though it's tough to see that far out. I don't expect a recession in 2018, so I may still go with J19s if SP drops some and just keep the strike price a bit more conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.