Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tax disbelief

Tesla Skids On Quarterly Earnings, Could Lose Lucrative Tax Credit

Tesla is not the only one hit by the loss of the $7,500; however, isn’t the base price $35K ~I know the price goes up if you want a radio, or seats, but $45K ~ really.

Tesla stock takes a hit as GOP unveils tax plan that eliminates electric car subsidy

Some have got the fundamental that cool aid and oil do not mix, but it appears they would rather drink oil.

For the record, Tesla is winning the fight for alternative fuel, otherwise legislators would not be fighting so extremely hard against EVs (tax incentives and online orders). Tesla would be facing these political battles despite BoneSpir and the fossil fuel complex. Because the competition is only verbally committed to limping toward EVs or alternative fuels, they are the ones most affected by this political stunt. It is a no brained for them, stick with the fossil fuel; there is no brave new world for them. This whole game plan plays into Tesla’s assembly line of thinking. They get more free publicity, name recognition from the original Tesla familie, and they are doing/producing exactly what they set out to do in a highly professional and positive way. Crap, this sounds like I am writing for a military award:-( Well you get the idea.

If you think or hope this tax incentive deletion project will hurt sales, then check your glass of oil for impurities please, it is seldom good for consumption:) I say, look forward for more pent-up demand.

Last edited:
Please sign: Plug In America
Help stop Congress from trying to kill the electric car! Just this morning, Chairman Brady of the House Ways and Means Committee introduced the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, H.R.1. The bill calls for the repeal of the $7,500 federal electric vehicle (EV) tax credit
Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader, was on CNBC a while ago. He was of the opinion that it is very difficult to pass that bill this year, despite Trump’s missive to totally bypass the democrats. Republicans will stall that bill for quite a while, as many conservative groups are against parts of that bill. It is a quagmire, can’t be rushed through.

• Love
Reactions: everman
Wow. Looking at today’s posts - it’s like a troll convention.

1200px-HomestucksAtComicCon.JPG

Help stop Congress from trying to kill the electric car! Just this morning, Chairman Brady of the House Ways and Means Committee introduced the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, H.R.1. The bill calls for the repeal of the $7,500 federal electric vehicle (EV) tax credit

I signed for my wife and I. I think they should be extended, not removed.

T
Thanks... On the surface, this credit screams tesla, but we all are aware, tesla is going to blow by the volume limitation. Repealing this credit pushes other US manufacturers and some european auto manufacturers away from EV for US sales. This then paves the way for tesla in China, since other manufacturers would have to do R&D for EV specifically for the Chinese market without any incentive would be harder to sell in US. Less overseas competition for Chinese market, and coming soon European EV market, and Indian (and c'mon Pakistan!) EV markets...

Reactions: MikeC and BornToFly
T

Thanks... On the surface, this credit screams tesla, but we all are aware, tesla is going to blow by the volume limitation. Repealing this credit pushes other US manufacturers and some european auto manufacturers away from EV for US sales. This then paves the way for tesla in China, since other manufacturers would have to do R&D for EV specifically for the Chinese market without any incentive would be harder to sell in US. Less overseas competition for Chinese market, and coming soon European EV market, and Indian (and c'mon Pakistan!) EV markets...
What you say may be true but for those of us that would like to see EV adoption across manufacturers, please sonsider signing the messages to your representatives. With this link all three letters go out in two minutes:

that is why i am shorting TSLA at the right moments.. It doesn't mean it won't go up. I will wait until it HAS IRON CLAD PROOF/ SUBSTANTIAL DATA ABOUT MODEL 3 PRODUCTION RUNNING SMOOTHLY BEFORE I REINVEST IN TESLA. I DONT TRUST ELON MUSK RUNNING HIS DIRTY MOUTH. lol

I guess being mentally unbalanced is a prerequisite of being a short.

One advantage of getting rid of tax credits is that the argument about Tesla being subsidized by the government, while already bogus because it's available to all manufacturers, goes away entirely.

And I believe a $35k model 3 will compete just fine without the tax credit. Plus how many fence riders are going to lock in their S or X this year if it looks like tax credit is going away?

Reactions: gene
I guess being mentally unbalanced is a prerequisite of being a short.

Did EM encouraged you to keep holding on to your stock position or to add more? Who in their right mindset would think this is an awesome ER?? Tesla had to scale back model X and S production and use that source for model 3. in additional this quarterly loss was the biggest in the history of Tesla. And I didn't even mention about about that model 3 mess.

If the Republican Tax Proposal becomes law and the EV tax credit goes away, it will be a net gain for Tesla. Tesla used the EV tax credit to develop its manufacturing and design abilities while it moved toward creating a compelling EV (Model 3) which can sell very well without any tax credits. Other manufacturers would now have to reach this essential gateway without the help of the tax credit. The removal of this credit would effectively increase Tesla's advantage over other American EV manufacturers.

If the Republican Tax Proposal becomes law and the EV tax credit goes away, it will be a net gain for Tesla. Tesla used the EV tax credit to develop its manufacturing and design abilities while it moved toward creating a compelling EV (Model 3) which can sell very well without any tax credits. Other manufacturers would now have to reach this essential gateway without the help of the tax credit. The removal of this credit would effectively increase Tesla's advantage over other American EV manufacturers.
While I agree with you here Papafox, it still irks me greatly that we as a nation will continue on, providing subsidies for the acquisition of oil (including war), the side effects of pollution on human health (including death), and ultimately, the cost of the effect of carbon in the atmosphere. It is a great embarrassment to watch on as a country like China moves forward setting an example of how things should be done; regarding what they choose to incentivize for the future well being of their citizens. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.