Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100D pearl white, 7seat ultra white interior, eap, fsd, pup, cold weather, towing, fidelity.
This vehicle is a replacement for our totaled 90D MX.
Ordered 03/15
Confirmed 03/22
Vin 03/23
Mytesla eta delivery may-early June
MVPA received per request on 03/20 with a 4/24 eta.
Per DS, car will be in production 4/14. Delivery scheduled for 5/8

Extremely satisfied with the way Tesla is handling my replacement.

Reactions: Paul Carter
When I placed my order, I was informed I had three days to review the edit the design before my order would be confirmed.

Tesla mush have changed their process for some reason?

My Tesla will be the first one in Labrador City - getting the vehicle to and from Labrador City is one of the challenges as the charging infrastructure is lacking.

When I placed my order, I was informed I had three days to review the edit the design before my order would be confirmed.

Tesla mush have changed their process for some reason?

My Tesla will be the first one in Labrador City - getting the vehicle to and from Labrador City is one of the challenges as the charging infrastructure is lacking.

Did your order auto-confirm in 3-days? The Canadian version of the order details still lists "week 1" as the opt-out period.

https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?country=CA&model_code=ms

My order auto confirmed on March 22 - three days after I placed the order. I just went back and checked the e-mail I received on March 19 and this is what it said:

"Your Model X order will be considered confirmed on March 22nd for the purposes of factory planning. If you're happy with your design, there's no action needed. If you would like to make changes, please do so before March 22nd"

Delivery location Fremont/Factory.
MX100D, Silver Midnight Metalic, White Interior, Premium Audio, AP, FSD, Tow Package, VIN F0425XX
  • 2/8. Ordered
  • 2/16. Confirmed
  • 3/18. DS email saying it entered production. Delivery scheduled 3/29 or earliest available (with DS).
  • 3/21. In production (My Tesla portal).
  • 3/22. My Tesla asking for payment. Paid 3/22.
  • 3/25. My Tesla status "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory".

So my DS works on Saturdays and I am only a few miles from the factory. I wonder if I can pickup my new ride today....

Reactions: EV-lutioin and IdaX
Canada seems to be using a metric week of 3 days now for auto-confirm.

I don't get it entirely but perhaps people were ordering and cancelling at some rate worth changing from the historic 1-week (which itself changed from 2-weeks).

Here's an update on my MX:

Model X P100D
Ordered: February 13
Confirmed: February 26
Delivery Range: June
Received VIN: March 7 (44XXX)
Production Scheduled: April 10
Production Started: March 27
Production End: April 3

Delivery Area: Dubai, UAE

Hey Fingerz, How did you get a specific date for when your production was scheduled to start? My DS will only give me general time frames like 'first half of April' Thanks!

Hey Fingerz, How did you get a specific date for when your production was scheduled to start? My DS will only give me general time frames like 'first half of April' Thanks!

Yes, he gave me a specific date (April 10) but then informed me that production actually began on March 27th and is scheduled to be completed on Monday (April 3rd) with delivery in June. No dates are mentioned on My Tesla, including delivery window. Of course, I live in Dubai and mine is one of the first custom orders for this market so a lot of things are in flux. My experience won't necessarily translate to US orders.