Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
MX 100d, 6 seats
VIN: 48XXX
Ordered: 3-31-17
Confirmed: 4-7-17
Estimated Delivery (Changed from Late May - June): May- Early June

Model X 100D, Midnight Silver, 6 Seat Configuration, Black Leather Seats, FSD, PUP, Towing Package, VIN 48XXX, Ordered 3-31-17, Confirmed 4-7-17, Estimated Delivery Range: May-Early June

Reactions: Atlantis
Update:
MX 100d, 6 seats
VIN: 48XXX
Ordered: 3-31-17
Confirmed: 4-7-17
Estimated Delivery (Changed from Late May - June): May- Early June

Model X 100D, Midnight Silver, 6 Seat Configuration, Black Leather Seats, FSD, PUP, Towing Package, VIN 48XXX, Ordered 3-31-17, Confirmed 4-7-17, Estimated Delivery Range: May-Early June

Wonder which we will see first: VIN 200XXX for the Model S or VIN 50XXX for Model X? Exciting times for sure!

I noticed this morning that my estimated delivery has changed from May - Early June to Late May - June. I hope it is not delayed too much!

I have a hunch that there is a significant backlog of non-P 100 kWh cars. It was a brand new, largest sized, bargain of a battery (by comparison), and there were a lot of orders. The there was the EPA snafu that prevented Tesla from delivering 100's even if they made them. In March, Tesla made some, recognized the problem, and moved on to the next build that was not precluded from delivery. So, they have a lot of 100's to make in May.

I think that that's why my X100D was moved from "March/early April" to "May/early June." Tesla just stopped making them in March due to the EPA issue.

Or, at least, that's my theory.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dutchie
Hi - was informed by my DS that my Model X is scheduled for production the second week of May with delivery at the SC late May or early June....essentially the same timeframe I had in my mind!

I confirmed a day later than you did. Also 100D also in Canada. It also says Late May - June for delivery. Mind you I am in Vancouver and you all the way in Labrador so it could be that I get mine a week earlier or so..

I'm VIN 411XX. Tesla confirmed my order 2/1. I was originally scheduled "March-early April," but I'm now "May-early June."

My DS advised today, in response to an email asking, that my Model X 100D, Metallic Blue All options but PUP car, is scheduled to go into manufacturer next week and be delivered to Pennsylvania "mid-May."

:)

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
VIN's don't mean much. Mine is 42xxx and was confirmed Feb 10 and notified on "My Tesla" today 14 April as "Your Tesla is currently in production".

Now I'm excited and as a bonus, looking forward to the new matte (not piano glossy black) seat and headrest backs.

Rock on June

Yes, VINs don't mean much as far as delivery is concerned. We are also looking forward to getting the matte seat backs

I suspect that VIN's mean a lot if you are talking about identical cars. I think they make a large chunk of Model X P90D White 6 seater, PUP upgrade, standard stereo, sub-zero package, towing package, Ultra White interiors in a row, and them move on to the next configuration. Of the folks with that set up, VIN 42000 gets done before VIN 43000. But if you are VIN 42500, you might come after that because you got a 7 seater. I think the VIN is relevant, but not determinative.

But if you are VIN 42500, you might come after that because you got a 7 seater. I think the VIN is relevant, but not determinative.

I'm actually VIN425xx, 6 seater, RHD, Australian.
My understanding is overseas orders get produced at the start of the quarter and as the 100D was announced Jan 20, I missed the first quarter cut-off. I was happy about that as it got past the production line shut down and did I mention the matte seat backs ;)

Reactions: JHWJR