Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From previous 2017 quarterly numbers I estimate Tesla makes 1000 Model X units per week (~12,000 per quarter, Q1 2017).
So from your VIN and other info you can guesstimate when production will occur.

From the Google Sheet, VINs 72xxx began production around the start of Nov.
Therefore, VINs 78xxx may start Dec 15th, and delivery may occur by EOY.

This is all a wild guess!

VIN: 74xxx.
Blue 100D
Ordered 10/4, Confirmed 10/7

DS called today saying that they are still sourcing parts but that our MX is on scheduled and slated to go into production on Nov 13th with delivery targeted for Nov 24th.
DS called with an update today: our MX has been built and is now in QC for final checks. Sounds like delivery could be as early as next week (1 week early).

VIN: 74xxx.
Blue 100D
Ordered 10/4, Confirmed 10/7

DS called today saying that they are still sourcing parts but that our MX is on scheduled and slated to go into production on Nov 13th with delivery targeted for Nov 24th.

I don't know why they call it "sourcing parts." Nobody lost the parts. None are one of a kind originals. They're not truffles, buried in the ground and sniffed out with pigs. The factory just runs deep queues to minimize cost.

Order Placed 10/30
Order Confirmed 11/3
VIN: 11/5

VIN: 774XX

DS just called, said its tracking a mid-jan delivery. He said he'll try his best to get it before EOY. Delivery state NY.

:(

Imagine my frustration that I ordered September 30 and got confirmation Oct 7 and you ordered a month later than mine and we have the same VIN batch. And mine still has to cross the Atlantic.

DS here in Norway wouldn't even call for any explanation why nor send an email.

Imagine my frustration that I ordered September 30 and got confirmation Oct 7 and you ordered a month later than mine and we have the same VIN batch. And mine still has to cross the Atlantic.

DS here in Norway wouldn't even call for any explanation why nor send an email.

I feel your frustration. I would be pretty mad about a 5 month wait for a car that’s not limited.