Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course, that wasn’t one of the announced features for EAP. That seems like it’d fit more as a first FSD feature.
I agree. Sure will be nice when they start rolling out the FSD Features. Would be nice to get stop sign detection for EAP but since that is not a feature of EAP I can not see it happening. They will at some point need to start giving FSD "only" features to justify the cost.

We need to work on stop signs and lights first? I don't see how many stop signs can be figured out by AI. Palo Alto has many that adjoin major streets and depend on driver intelligence to know the side street stops but the main street does not. Maybe some reading of crosswalk lines, but these are often faded.

Attachments

• .png
    .png
    370.3 KB · Views: 155
Oooh! Where did you hear that?

Early Access is predicated on secrecy. I'm sure others will have more information tomorrow and they might be willing to reveal more. Since I'm not early access nor do I have the heart or skills to root and install, I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

Last edited:
I presume if it didn't work well enough and needed to be turned off, there's probably going to be some sort of neural net change that will be paired with turning it back on. That's much more likely for what 2018.21 has. All the talk about features may be a bit optimistic, but hey, I'll take another NN improvement and showing adjacent cars.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I presume if it didn't work well enough and needed to be turned off, there's probably going to be some sort of neural net change that will be paired with turning it back on. That's much more likely for what 2018.21 has. All the talk about features may be a bit optimistic, but hey, I'll take another NN improvement and showing adjacent cars.

From what I heard it worked fine in 2018.5. it wasn't perfect but that's probably due to performance of the system (it currently misidentifies the car in front of the lead car often for me in 2018.18).

Honestly I don't care about imperfections at this point, I just like seeing what it thinks because it helps me assess the system.

What I’d like is for the car to figure out how to take the combination of the radar input and the steering wheel turn and see that ‘that’ car moving around in front of you is actually the one in your lane and plot/put it there on the IC.

The constantly bouncing around the car in front does on a curve seems like something that could have been fixed ages ago. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: pilotSteve