Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was interested in the information about the trigger, so I asked the people about the topic and they gave me this sample.

Code:
{
  "query":{
    "$and":[
      {"$eq":["@LegacyDebug.gear",4]},
      {"$gt":["@TelemetryOutput.distance_travelled_m",2000]},
      {"$eq":["@VehicleConfigs.hardware_type",2]},
      {"$conv":
        {"$not":"@ContiRadarSignals.header.sensor_blind"},"h":[0,1]
      },
      "@ContiRadarSignals.header.sensor_blind"
    ]
  },
  "topics":["main","can","sparse-frames"],
  "requester":"img-sensor-blind-0118",
  "request-delay":8000,
  "max-requests":1,
  "timeout":1521860400,
  "min-period":120000,
  "request-time-to-live":432000,
  "request-wifi-hold-time":432000
}

Forward-looking camera for the blind zone? It's funny.

Not sure I see the point. In AP1 it would show me cars in front of me and cars to the front side right and left, each of which are already in my vision. Other than the "look, it sees the cars" factor, it provides no benefit. In AP2 it clearly sees the other cars, as is demonstrated when you engage the turn signal. Then it shows them all. I have just assumed it was a UI choice and frankly it is less distracting this way. It shows the other cars when maybe I need to see them. When it changes to push my car further forward and shows cars coming up in my blind spot.....then I will care. But I could be missing something. Or not.
AT LAST - somebody else who shares this opinion. Thank the Lord.

Reactions: Sambas and KyleDay
On laughing at the optimists here - don't get me wrong, but I still remember the fanboy, calling out us sceptics/disappointed owners, he who bet $10.000 to charity back in nov (?) 2017 on wether we should get a new AP feature before 1st of April. Even I did not think he would loose, but he left the forum well before the due date. Who is up for a new bet???

What did Elon say today - "expotentially better the next 6-12 months"? I think this is so sad. BMWs new X5 is going hands off to 60 km/h less than a year from now. We shall see, the race is on...

It's not laughing at the optimists, it's more along the line "Was I ever than naive?". It's like an expert in the field looking at fresh new-grads who think they have all the answers and will do everything much better and faster, until reality hits.

Allow me to illustrate. At AP1 launch Elon said AP1 summon will "find you anywhere on private property". Imagine if you came across a an optimist today who keeps telling people everywhere how they just know it must be coming in the very next version, but if not, then the one after that. Most people here couldn't help but laugh at a person like that. Well, that's the same feeling people who bough into Elon's old promises (there is along list) get when we see new owners (or non-owners) making comments about Elon's recent promises.

Last edited:
Auto lane change is a gimmick for me. I usually need to tighten the grip on the wheel after turning on the indicator. Why don't the car understand that I am perfectly payin attention putting on the blinker!??

That's because you're in Europe (like me) and regulations / laws are different than in the US.

In Europe, we indeed need to apply some torque on the wheel while activating the turn signal in order to engage the Auto Lane Change.

I got mine back from yet another week at service, and if you keep a tight grip all the time, it will auto change without asking for holding the wheel. But obviously, the torque sensor is not really sensing a light enough grip - you need to hold the wheel.

It's not laughing at the optimists, it's more along the line "Was I ever than naive?". It's like an expert in the field looking at fresh new-grads who think they have all the answers and will do everything much better and faster, until reality hits.

Allow me to illustrate. At AP1 launch Elon said AP1 summon will "find you anywhere on private property". Imagine if you came across a an optimist today who keeps telling people everywhere how they just know it must be coming in the very next version, but if not, then the one after that. Most people here couldn't help but laugh at a person like that. Well, that's the same feeling people who bough into Elon's old promises (there is along list) get when we see new owners (or non-owners) making comments about Elon's recent promises.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Yes, Tesla misses deadlines and if you get over excited with every Tesla promise and take them literally, you will be disappointed. But Tesla also delivers very cool stuff from time to time so if you are the extreme pessimist who thinks Tesla will never succeed, you will be proven wrong a lot too. For example, you had folks doubting that AP2 would ever reach parity with AP1. Now, depending on who you ask, AP2 has either reached parity or is close to reaching parity with AP1. Some people even find that AP2 has surpassed AP1 a bit in some areas.

The best thing to do is to be a realist, not overly optimistic, pie in the sky, but not overly pessimistic either.

No sound, so it shouldn't get blocked, so hopefully this is a little better, shows the increased nags and the speed limit changes for bezier curves.

Is the steering wheel nag behavior new where it flashes only at the top border of the screen?

Could this be paving the way for the sides of the screen to be used for some BSM indicator purpose?

Is the steering wheel nag behavior new where it flashes only at the top border of the screen?

Could this be paving the way for the sides of the screen to be used for some BSM indicator purpose?
I've been wondering if they would flash red on the corresponding side for BSM. Another option might be to temporarily show a view from the appropriate side (repeater) camera when the turn signal is activated.