Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm, yes it does, watch the video again starting at 1:04, see how the road curves to the right shortly after and you can clearly see the Max speed changing down and then back up again throughout the curve.

We are not talking about the same thing then. Your video is about the car dropping the max speed in curves. I am talking about a different feature that automatically drops the speed down to about 25 mph in on-off ramps which is a 21.9 feature.

We are not talking about the same thing then. Your video is about the car dropping the max speed in curves. I am talking about a different feature that automatically drops the speed down to about 25 mph in on-off ramps which is a 21.9 feature.

The curve I'm referring to in the video is an off ramp transitioning to a new highway, we are talking about the same thing, it's just not a very tight curve like the one in the 21.9 video.

• Helpful
Reactions: diplomat33
You do realize they said the same thing for AP1 about 2 - 3 years ago right? This was even before AP2 and now 2.5 even existed and was in reference to the new AP1 summon ability.

My point was that apparently, they won't enhance the summon feature on AP1 cars, despite they once said so.

That doesn't mean I blindfully trust they will actually enhance it on AP2(.5) cars ;)

@croman BigD0g cleared up any confusion about the video. But if you watch the new videos of 21.9 that show the car slowing down to 25 mph in tight curves, I think you will see that it is not a "cop out feature".

I'll do a tight curve today or this weekend at the latest so we can do an apples / apples comparison.

TESLA_2.jpg
TESLA_1.jpg

Be good if you can do it without a car in front - in most of the .21 videos I have seen so far, AP is tracking the car in front (which is also slowing down).
But it’s also the case that if you watch the set TACC speed limit, that ALSO goes down, unlike when slowing for a vehicle. (I don’t think it’s being done by the driver bumping the stalk down; this is what the update notes is referring to, and what BigD0g has been saying. TACC is doing it’s own modification of the set max speed limit.)

But it’s also the case that if you watch the set TACC speed limit, that ALSO goes down, unlike when slowing for a vehicle. (I don’t think it’s being done by the driver bumping the stalk down; this is what the update notes is referring to, and what BigD0g has been saying. TACC is doing it’s own modification of the set max speed limit.)
Thanks for that additional information. I know my car has slowed on curves for quite some time so what I've been seeing didn't look new. If the set TACC speed is also decreasing then that would be something I haven't seen before. Sometimes it's hard to tell what people are referring to when they post a video but don't point out everything that is happening. I just went back and watched the videos again noticed for the first time that the set TACC speed was decreasing.

Can someone with 21.9 clarify: the changelog says "when TACC is enabled" but does the curve and exit speed handling occur with Autosteer as well? There are a couple exits and interchanges in my area that don't require a lane change so AS will drive directly into them, and wondering if it'll slow down properly. I'm still on .20 so I can't check.

Reactions: zmarty
Thanks for that additional information. I know my car has slowed on curves for quite some time so what I've been seeing didn't look new. If the set TACC speed is also decreasing then that would be something I haven't seen before. Sometimes it's hard to tell what people are referring to when they post a video but don't point out everything that is happening. I just went back and watched the videos again noticed for the first time that the set TACC speed was decreasing.
Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to imply a sort of, "Duh! IDIOT!" I didn't really see what the big deal was either at first and only after a couple of times watching the posted videos did I see the "bezier curve" of an off-ramp that BigD0G was talking about where it seems to be smoothly decelerating by automatically adjusting TACC down just as it's about to hit the target speed.

So something like:
TACC set to | Car traveling at: 65mph | 65mph
Then AP (or TACC?) moves it down to 60mph | Car decelerates to 60mph. When car reaches 60.00001mph, AP (or TACC?) moves it down to 55mph so it (more or less), [then repeat] linearly decelerating to the appropriate ramp speed.

I know if I try and do this myself I can make it "sorta kinda" smooth, but invariably I jump the gun or am too late and end up with a herky jerky 65mph down to 25mph by using the AP stalk. I'm assuming the computer can do a better job.