Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26.3 be4b11e update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my car serviced today, the minute I pull up to SC, few minutes later the update icon pops up, and the technician told me that my car will automatically start downloading the latest firmware by just visiting SC, guess what , from now on, whenever there is an update, I would just drive by the SC w/o any schedule. Nice

I just got my car serviced today, the minute I pull up to SC, few minutes later the update icon pops up, and the technician told me that my car will automatically start downloading the latest firmware by just visiting SC, guess what , from now on, whenever there is an update, I would just drive by the SC w/o any schedule. Nice

I don’t think that’s true anymore, now I believe you need a work order in the system for the car to start downloading the update when you hit the SC service WiFi.

I do not know that, any reason to restrict customer-initiated update?

Not that I’m aware of, other then the testing problems with a bad firmware that’s happened for example the one that bricked a few m3’s because of a mismatch with the BMS firmware signature, imagine all m3 owners downloaded that update. The only way to fix it was to bring it to the SC.... talk about a PR nightmare, Tesla likes to test on some cars / lucky owners first and then hit the big button every few weeks.

Reactions: Dana1
Not that I’m aware of, other then the testing problems with a bad firmware that’s happened for example the one that bricked a few m3’s because of a mismatch with the BMS firmware signature, imagine all m3 owners downloaded that update. The only way to fix it was to bring it to the SC.... talk about a PR nightmare, Tesla likes to test on some cars / lucky owners first and then hit the big button every few weeks.
I see, that is a very different approach to deploy software update in the auto industry.

I got a notification around midnight as well for 26.3 and actually went to the car and installed it around 1 AM since the last time I got a notification and went out after a few hours, there was no update. More than likely, they had probably pulled it due to a bug the last time but nevertheless, this is my first update since I picked up the car.

I really do wish I can trigger the update right through the app though in the future.

I spoke to Tesla support last night about getting FW updates, and in essence the tech said they are just really cautious about mass deployment. And at times they retire major versions before it is certified for everyone in favor of testing a new version. All of this most people knew, I think.

Clearly they are more concerned about general stability than getting new features out to customers. And I'm ok with that. But I still have my fingers crossed for getting 26.x before the next major update.

I spoke to Tesla support last night about getting FW updates, and in essence the tech said they are just really cautious about mass deployment. And at times they retire major versions before it is certified for everyone in favor of testing a new version. All of this most people knew, I think.

Clearly they are more concerned about general stability than getting new features out to customers. And I'm ok with that. But I still have my fingers crossed for getting 26.x before the next major update.
I think everyone is likely to get an update to WiFi before the next major update. Still sitting at 21.9 here.

Since I live only about 10 minutes away from the Syosset SC, I decided to test out your theory. I pulled into the parking lot and got as close to the building as I could. The car tried to pair with the Service Center wireless, but didn't succeed. I sat there for 15 minutes, but no bolt of lightning. I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors