Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7B1A455F-E03E-4638-870F-7D0D4140458D.jpeg

That’s what I thought. But it seems stupid to leave the windows open. This better be an option. :D

If I have used silicone or whatever on my seals and don’t want the windows open on my car, that’s MY choice. No?

What other option could this be? And same for the charging. Leave the door open? So water gets really in? WTF.

Even if it just moved it down and up quickly a few millimeters it would stop the freezing.

We had ducks in northern Ontario and they could keep an open water patch going by swimming around all night in the winter.
It’s weird. From the video I saw on reddit it’s down only a millimeter or two. Not what it does when you open the door. It may be trying to break the frozen part as you say but not enough to clear the top if it can’t move at all. I thought it meant it was going to ‘preopen’ the window as it does when you open the door and that was a lot.

Confused what it actually accomplishes now as it could (re-)freeze in the new position, no? Or are we trying to let damp air out also so it can’t freeze?

I just updated to this, and my first supercharging session I couldn't unlock charge port from in car or via app. Only able to unlock from pushing the button on the cable.... -11c right now and was fine yesterday. Didn't know what to do sitting there with the family and a locked port. Didn't know pushing the button on cable would unlock until I searched.

That’s what I thought. But it seems stupid to leave the windows open. This better be an option. :D

If I have used silicone or whatever on my seals and don’t want the windows open on my car, that’s MY choice. No?

What other option could this be? And same for the charging. Leave the door open? So water gets really in? WTF.

Um ya, the fix they’ve described is to simply open, and leave the windows and charge port door open...

Woke this morning to find the app stating charging will begin at 4:00am ..........2 hours ago!!!!! ....now getting 19 km/hr in saying 2hr 20 min remaining. Hope a reboot will fix that issue. Car is outside in -4c hmmm to pre-heat before I leave or not...decisions in the morning lol

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
No, it doesn't leave the door window open. From what I can tell, it just doesn't push all the way in to the (slot) seal.

This means if there is moisture, the frozen surface area is minimized. With a minimal amount of frozen surface area, the windows should be able to still open the windows.

On my car the window still needs to lower itself to clear the trim.

Before update
20181122_220126.jpg

After update
20181122_222833.jpg

Has anyone tested if the car unlocks the charge port once charging has finished as reported elsewhere? If so, that would be a potential issue for me since I often charge from a J1772 charger at work and anyone could just pull out and walk away with the $100 Tesla adapter ...