Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Build v9.0 2018.44.2 3b2a5c3 - Cold Weather Improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20181122_172809.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: commasign and GWord
Well I for one think it's fantastic they've made these changes so quickly. Thank you Tesla. I've suffered from all the winter issues including being unable to unplug and I think these changes should help a lot. Until now de-icer has been my friend - I've put a small squirt into the locking tab a couple of times and had no issues since. This change should make sure it's good going forward and avoid the need for that. This is very clever if they've managed to avoid having to re-design and replace the locking mechanism because I was sure they'd have to.

Made things worse for me. Can’t unplug my charge cable now. Lovely

What's your issue? Charging cable stuck in the car because of a frozen locking mechanism? The ranger solution worked for me - seats down and car on HI for two hours. You could also try a hair-dryer from the back of the port inside the trunk - might be quicker. Then try pressing the button on the cable a few times - should trigger the locking mechanism right? If you've been pulling at it make sure the cable isn't jamming it in position?

Strange - no issue here. My car was charging when I started the update from the app. It just completed the update and resumed charging.

Here is my reply from the other post about this:

For scheduled charging (some time in future):

1. When my car is locked, I can open the charge port and plug in the car. I plug in and the car never locks the charge port. I can fix this by opening the door (unlocking), then closing the door. This seems to start a process as after roughly 30 seconds the port locks and the HPWC activates as normal.
  2. When acting like I just came back from a drive and the car is still unlocked when I plug the charger in, it locks the port after about 30 seconds, car locks, no problems.

With number 1, if plugging in when the car is locked, you can hear a light clicking coming from the charge port. It is 1 time every second or so. This seems like it was hastily written code. I'm not sure why plugging in the car when it is locked or unlocked should make a difference. Also, why the delay now to activate the cable lock? I'm going to file a bug report. It doesn't make sense.

I just got the update, went for a drive, came back and plugged in. Charging stopped a few minutes later and I had to go back out to the car and replugged it in a couple of times and finally started charging again. Weird that it coincided with update. It seemed looser in the port and come to think of it I am not sure it was actually locking the cable. I'll monitor.

I just got the update, went for a drive, came back and plugged in. Charging stopped a few minutes later and I had to go back out to the car and replugged it in a couple of times and finally started charging again. Weird that it coincided with update. It seemed looser in the port and come to think of it I am not sure it was actually locking the cable. I'll monitor.

Do you mean it wasn't locking properly when charging?