Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S75D with over 300k miles???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I was browsing today and I came across an ad for a model S that apparently had over 300,000 miles, which I thought was rather incredible given the model year .Have any of you seen a high mileage Tesla with this many miles on it???

Attachments

• 8EAB1EC1-70B8-4EF0-859C-FDDE974A79C0.png
    8EAB1EC1-70B8-4EF0-859C-FDDE974A79C0.png
    544.9 KB · Views: 109
The strange thing I always notice around high mileage Tesla's is that they seem to look often so much better compared to ICE equivalents at the same mileage or age.

Granted some of the early adopters cared for the car better than the average person. For over 200k in miles I still think it looks new, and I love my sunroof that I maintain regularly.

The strange thing I always notice around high mileage Tesla's is that they seem to look often so much better compared to ICE equivalents at the same mileage or age.

Granted some of the early adopters cared for the car better than the average person. For over 200k in miles I still think it looks new, and I love my sunroof that I maintain regularly.
Completely agree, this vehicle u would have thought they reset the odometer, it looked brand new inside, amazingly clean and unworn looking

My first S 85 had 318 k miles. I supercharched probably 85%. It was about that time when i got am error message that my battery capacity was reduced. Coincidentally the car totaled the same day by a reckless driver. I then got a used S 70 which now has 200k miles on it. The batteries are holding up decent, and newer packs will last even longer.

I don't try to baby my battery. My car is a tool i need for work every day. I don't see the point to make compromises for years only to get a few more months out of an old battery at the end of its life when it is weak. Should my battery go out and there is no warranty i can get a used one for a decent price. But most likely i would get a new vehicle after 8 to 10 years of use anyways. The average american drives 15k miles a year. So even the old battery technology is more than capable.

I think that is because the first Teslas started as a higher end vehicle brand and as such the owners are people who take care of their cars more than the average person would.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I think that is because the first Teslas started as a higher end vehicle brand and as such the owners are people who take care of their cars more than the average person would.
Yeah it's not really that strange I guess. The ownership group has become much more well, everyone. Which was by design.

Edit but really of you look at those early models. They really have nothing in miles per year compared to the newer models. Like the 100D series

Last edited:
Reactions: David99