Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since apparently we have to have dupe threads on software versions, I'll post exactly the same thing I posted in the other thread.
Should go complain in that copycat thread! This one was created within 20min of the software hitting the streets.

The reality is that this software version and thread(s) will shortly be forgotten as assuredly as the march of time.

Three cheers for 2018.42.3! What? Don’t you remember how much that one rocked?? It had 6 different threads.

4DCEC282-4F17-4AF8-A2F1-0A5F8E733BD2.jpeg
Interesting that I was having an issue with my rear camera being full of vertical purple / green lines and it apparently fixed itself with this update.

Since apparently we have to have dupe threads on software versions, I'll post exactly the same thing I posted in the other thread.

Just got this update. The new display brightness "fine tuning" made my display almost invisible. And adjusting the slider back to where I wanted didn't stick - it kept dimming back down. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Try to reboot. I adjusted the setting first, then decided to switch auto off and back on and it became super dim again. Performed a soft reboot by holding both steering wheel buttons and it is usable again without any adjustments!

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Can confirm that ELDA still cannot be permanently disabled in 20.2.1. But hey, we got auto-brightness and dog mode tweaks that no one seemed to be asking for... :rolleyes:

I left ELDA on yesterday to see if there was any improvement in the false positives. There are not. It still gets confused in the same places on my commute.

There is a difference, though. It didn't jerk the car forcefully back in the other direction to "correct" my driving. As far as I could tell, it didn't move the car at all as I didn't feel any pull in the opposite direction like before. It still sounded the alarm though. So basically, for me, it's gone from a dangerous feature that has a chance of putting me too close to traffic traveling in the opposite direction to a useless feature that can't be trusted to do what it is supposed to do if there actually is a real hazard to avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan Fiala
Getting an update now, it’s probably this one, I’m currently on 2019.20.1 ... California Model 3 Plus HW-2.5

Yes now on 2019.20.2.1 no additional add on, Display Brightness & Dog Mode improvements.

Fred

Last edited:
I would be interested to see if this fixes the garbled video recording (lower bottom half) from both left and right repeaters while parked in the Sentry mode. And no, it has nothing to do with using faster solid state/flash drives because repeaters record perfectly fine when car is driving in dash cam mode (higher frame rate recording than when the car is standing) and the fact that car only has ancient USB 2.0 ports.

Reactions: PhaseWhite
Just got the update last night. I was previously stuck on 12.1.2
SR+ with HW3 (just found that out at SC today) and FSD.

Seems like I've lost the dash cam with the update. Did the touch screen reboot and the full power off, both with flash drive removed. No luck. Anyone else experiencing this?

I left ELDA on yesterday to see if there was any improvement in the false positives. There are not. It still gets confused in the same places on my commute.

There is a difference, though. It didn't jerk the car forcefully back in the other direction to "correct" my driving. As far as I could tell, it didn't move the car at all as I didn't feel any pull in the opposite direction like before. It still sounded the alarm though. So basically, for me, it's gone from a dangerous feature that has a chance of putting me too close to traffic traveling in the opposite direction to a useless feature that can't be trusted to do what it is supposed to do if there actually is a real hazard to avoid.

It used to "intervene" by trying to nudge you in the middle of what it thought was the lane you were trying to drive in. Now it seems to nudge you only far enough to get you out of what it thinks is the danger zone (but still sounds the alarm). I wouldn't say it's now useless with certainty at all, but I'm certainly not going to test whether emergencies are still more forcefully nudged away from.

It used to "intervene" by trying to nudge you in the middle of what it thought was the lane you were trying to drive in. Now it seems to nudge you only far enough to get you out of what it thinks is the danger zone (but still sounds the alarm). I wouldn't say it's now useless with certainty at all, but I'm certainly not going to test whether emergencies are still more forcefully nudged away from.
I dislike this feature because it's falsely turned my wheel when I was not running off the road or into an obstacle multiple times. This needs to be able to be permanently disabled. It's not good.

Just got the update last night. I was previously stuck on 12.1.2
SR+ with HW3 (just found that out at SC today) and FSD.

Seems like I've lost the dash cam with the update. Did the touch screen reboot and the full power off, both with flash drive removed. No luck. Anyone else experiencing this?

I also lost the dashcam. But sentry mode works. I'll do a restart shutdown later tonight.