Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I do not know the details. I’m just going off what I was told, so may not even be accurate.
My guess is that to provide a registration 5 days prior to collection (Also quoted by a Tesla rep), the DVLA would have to release the 70 plates in time to allow for people wanting the new plates right on 1st September. That may be the intention behind the comment from Tesla.

I’d recommend giving them a call and (depending on who you get) they’ll be able to tell you.

@JupiterMan any further insight on the new registration and its timings?

@JupiterMan any further insight on the new registration and its timings?

All I know is my own experience I'm afraid, no other insight!

I am on a salary sacrifice lease, and three weeks ago was provided with the lease contract for my employer to sign, which included the car specification, VIN and registration number.

Of note is that when applying for my insurance (not included with my salary sacrifice deal) the registration number was not recognised by Churchill or quote comparison websites online - likely it has not been recorded on DVLA records yet as it is too far ahead, but they were able to addd it manually over the phone when I selected the insurance provider.

Hope this helps.

Picking up the M3P this Thursday. Any tips for pickup? Anything to check that might be a reason to reject the car? Will they fix anything at the pickup location?

Thanks!
There is a link back a few pages on this forum which details everything you need to check.
BTW. Please let us all know if you have USB C and wireless charging as yours will be on of the first off Glovis Sun.

CAPTAIN just moving through Panama Canal exit locks so that could be a trigger for any unmatched remaining vehicles, or if it’s within 24 hours of next ship leaving San Francisco, could be that one.

It’s a wait and see job. Have spent the last 2 weeks knowing my vin and Tesla swearing blind they won’t tell me delivery date until 2 weeks before collection day, then booking me for collection 4 weeks out - so just sit tight and you will find out all the info. They still haven’t told me which ship and I’m not so fussed on that now as it must be either DAHLIA or CAPTAIN.

Maybe call Tesla tomorrow or Tuesday and ask them nicely to provide ship and projected collection/delivery date (or even week) if they can. Then wait 4-7 days and repeat.

Reactions: fancealot
Try post #7036 in this thread. Quite a useful checklist for delivery day. I'm picking up on 13th at Heathrow too - will be following the list

Model 3 Orders and Deliveries
Thanks! See you at Heathrow :) Picking up at 10.30am.

I’ll let folks know if I have the usb c charging, my vin is 749xxx.

Haven’t had reg yet or anyone call me about final payment for financing. Noticed I’m one of the only people going with PCP. Are folks going for Tesla Loan?

Reactions: Jonboythered
I am a few week behind you, ordered on the 27th July (not had a delivery date yet) but I have taken a PCH deal with Tesla Finance and the application has been approved.

Thanks! See you at Heathrow :) Picking up at 10.30am.

I’ll let folks know if I have the usb c charging, my vin is 749xxx.

Haven’t had reg yet or anyone call me about final payment for financing. Noticed I’m one of the only people going with PCP. Are folks going for Tesla Loan?

Anyone who have ordered M3P who can confirm how many horsepower it have been listed to in the official system?
Not sure how i works in UK, but in Denmark I can look up the VIN in the system and it says that my M3P have 513HP, but i only though it had 490HP.

Hope it make sense :cool:

Yes i've got a VIN assigned yesterday, reason I think it's on Glovis Captain because it came through just after passing through the panama canal, I'm hoping the 'last two weeks of September' are a guess, as people who have been vin assigned Thursday/Friday have got 1st week sept expected delivery dates
Ordered on 2 June but I think the lease company sat on the order for nearly a month as I didn't get my RN until after start of July

Reactions: bapodra
My delivery is due Friday at home - I’m patiently waiting for the delivery declaration to arrive by email from Tesla any day now... surely its got to turn up any moment! *continues hitting the refresh button*
Me the same, meanwhile I've today received another "your Model 3 will be delivered on.... please view our support videos" SMS from Tesla today, for the third time.

(and yes, i watched the videos again :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Gazmayo and Mark S
Status
Not open for further replies.