Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on Arnold Clark. Though , saying that, I’ve just received an NIP in the post where one of their drivers was caught doing 72 in a 60 in the Golf R I sold them last Sunday. No worries for me - the police know I sold it, just want me to tell them who.

Anyway - picked up my car this morning at WD. Only 5 or 6 people collecting at the same time which was good. Really pleased as I could find no fault with it at all. Couldn’t help but notice the other people picking up weren’t really giving the car a good inspection like I was.. I was not rushed at all and made my way out once I’d set everything up.

Two issues - no type 2 cable supplied but got that right away once I pointed it out. Also, there are no shopping hooks supplied with the car despite the fact the anchor points for them are there . Apparently they don’t supply them any more. I pointed out how ridiculous this was and , apparently, they know and are as bemused as me. How much do they cost - a tenner at most I reckon?

Great drive home. I put it in chill mode as I wanted to see how restricted it was and I have to say it’s still ok, performance wise. Just not brutal. TACC was fine too - no issues at all and my first impressions are it’s better then the VW system on the Golf. It’s nice that when you switch it on it default to the current speed limit rather than the last setting ( though I added a +5mph in the settings). No phantom braking so far ( my Golf used to do it so I expect this will too ). It’s also nice that, when you come to a complete stop, it does not turn off like the VW system does after a timeout.

Software version is old so need to get that updated ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chalks99
+1 on Arnold Clark. Though , saying that, I’ve just received an NIP in the post where one of their drivers was caught doing 72 in a 60 in the Golf R I sold them last Sunday. No worries for me - the police know I sold it, just want me to tell them who.

Anyway - picked up my car this morning at WD. Only 5 or 6 people collecting at the same time which was good. Really pleased as I could find no fault with it at all. Couldn’t help but notice the other people picking up weren’t really giving the car a good inspection like I was.. I was not rushed at all and made my way out once I’d set everything up.

Two issues - no type 2 cable supplied but got that right away once I pointed it out. Also, there are no shopping hooks supplied with the car despite the fact the anchor points for them are there . Apparently they don’t supply them any more. I pointed out how ridiculous this was and , apparently, they know and are as bemused as me. How much do they cost - a tenner at most I reckon?

Great drive home. I put it in chill mode as I wanted to see how restricted it was and I have to say it’s still ok, performance wise. Just not brutal. TACC was fine too - no issues at all and my first impressions are it’s better then the VW system on the Golf. It’s nice that when you switch it on it default to the current speed limit rather than the last setting ( though I added a +5mph in the settings). No phantom braking so far ( my Golf used to do it so I expect this will too ). It’s also nice that, when you come to a complete stop, it does not turn off like the VW system does after a timeout.

Software version is old so need to get that updated ASAP.
Yeah i heard about the shopping bags changing, apparently you can get them on Amazon but it's a bit bogus. I'm sure mine wont have them either when I go to pickup as its changed on the 2020 lineup

Yeah i heard about the shopping bags changing, apparently you can get them on Amazon but it's a bit bogus. I'm sure mine wont have them either when I go to pickup as its changed on the 2020 lineup

It's crazy isn't it on a £50k + car that they skimp and save by taking these (what appear to be) very useful shopping hooks off yet leave the ugly holes ?? Just checked Amazon and Ali Express and can't seem to find any replacements :-(

Just noticed that new orders for LR/P on the configurator just jumped in the last few hours from Dec 2019 to Feb 2020 for fulfilment. Think SR+ was on that already yesterday.

Weird jump past Jan.
December production will go to the US so they can deliver them before the end of the quarter.
January production should then arrive in Feb.
Same happened in the last quarter loads of deliveries in August and September and few in October.

• Informative
Reactions: ringi and nufan
Anyone going to be collecting at Dartford on Monday afternoon?

I dropped in there earlier to pick up a couple of bits, they were handing over 22 cars today, and 20 booked for Monday...

The place was heaving with model threes, including a distinct mix of silver and grey wheeled 3P’s.

Have to say, I’m a little disappointed by the change to grey...

Anyone going to be collecting at Dartford on Monday afternoon?

I dropped in there earlier to pick up a couple of bits, they were handing over 22 cars today, and 20 booked for Monday...

The place was heaving with model threes, including a distinct mix of silver and grey wheeled 3P’s.

Have to say, I’m a little disappointed by the change to grey...
Do you not like the grey wheels? Think they look better on white. Maybe less so on the other colours

Reactions: Ant M3
Do you not like the grey wheels? Think they look better on white. Maybe less so on the other colours
I’m not keen. I thought silver was much better. IMO the fad for black wheels should be consigned to the same skip of social half-wittery as tinted windows, baseball caps under hoodies, and holding a mobile phone to your face to make a call when it’s on hands free mode.
C698B5D1-4E30-4FC3-A02A-0BF1FE562C91.jpeg
C0F01BDF-533E-4328-8A5B-7F26D886A0BA.jpeg
67895586-77C2-4AF3-B071-6F7B79655812.jpeg
3FBFB491-EBB9-4F2E-B08B-6BABBE195B58.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: anon37485
Good evening all!

I've resisted worrying too much about when my Model 3 Performance will get delivered... until now. Reading the posts it seems to vary so much! Here's my details..

Model 3 Performance
White
Black Interior
Ordered 31st October
Estimated Delivery at time of order: December

Pickup location: Birmingham

Has anyone ordered around the same time with the same spec and heard anything? My account still says the "We're drafting your agreement...". Deposit has been paid, just waiting for the delivery date. No VIN on my reservation invoice.

I notice that if you order today, the estimated delivery date is now Feb - that makes me think there is another shipment due in Feb and maybe I'll actually get mine in December.. wishful thinking?

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Good evening all!

I've resisted worrying too much about when my Model 3 Performance will get delivered... until now. Reading the posts it seems to vary so much! Here's my details..

Model 3 Performance
White
Black Interior
Ordered 31st October
Estimated Delivery at time of order: December

Pickup location: Birmingham

Has anyone ordered around the same time with the same spec and heard anything? My account still says the "We're drafting your agreement...". Deposit has been paid, just waiting for the delivery date. No VIN on my reservation invoice.

I notice that if you order today, the estimated delivery date is now Feb - that makes me think there is another shipment due in Feb and maybe I'll actually get mine in December.. wishful thinking?

Any thoughts appreciated :)
Mine said “drafting agreement” right up and until the collection day ... so I think that is a zero indicator or what’s happening at any point

How long did yours take Ant? I see you are Solihull so you probably went to Birmingham to pickup too?

I was actually quite lucky with my timing of order...
I ordered on the 17th Oct and it arrived on the 26th Nov ...
Reading some of these posts it seems that I was one of the last people to order a M3P to make the first boat. even though I only waited 5/6 weeks because of the lack of community felt like an eternity so I do feel for everyone else that is now waiting until Feb !

Status
Not open for further replies.