Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the dealership have a bulk load of pre-printed license plates & they choose them randomly, link the VIN & give to the DVLA to register?

Trying to work out what license plates I’ll get when picking up on the 1st March.

I’ve read that usually the dealers register the car on the day you pick it up, but not sure if this is actually the case?

I’m not particularly bothered about having a ‘20 number plate over a ‘69, just curious....
The plates are allocated 7 days ahead of delivery, and actually registered on the day :

Enterprise Order FAQ said:
When will the registration be allocated?
The registration will be allocated 7-10 days before collection. However the car will not be registered until the da of delivery.

Have to say it’s wryly amusing that in a long thread with much frustration evident about delivery delays and long waits, folk that could collect are delaying for the sake of an essentially meaningless number bolted on the front and back.

There’s nowt so queer as folk, as they say ;)
Yup that crossed my mind too, and I have to say that to see people purposely ADDING to their delay when others are getting fed up of the wait only adds to my frustration. I sort of get why people want a 20 plate over a 69 but will it really add any resale value nowadays?

Have to say it’s wryly amusing that in a long thread with much frustration evident about delivery delays and long waits, folk that could collect are delaying for the sake of an essentially meaningless number bolted on the front and back.

There’s nowt so queer as folk, as they say ;)

Yup that crossed my mind too, and I have to say that to see people purposely ADDING to their delay when others are getting fed up of the wait only adds to my frustration. I sort of get why people want a 20 plate over a 69 but will it really add any resale value nowadays?

Yes, it does, apparently. Of course the fixed amount varies by make and model but in effect it says 'I'm up to 6 months newer'. Given I'm delaying my collection by 4 working days then even a couple of hundred extra quid on the resale is worth it.

Hardly queer. I'd actually go as far as saying that not being able to wait an extra 4 days is a bit weird!

Does the dealership have a bulk load of pre-printed license plates & they choose them randomly, link the VIN & give to the DVLA to register?

Trying to work out what license plates I’ll get when picking up on the 1st March.

I’ve read that usually the dealers register the car on the day you pick it up, but not sure if this is actually the case?

I’m not particularly bothered about having a ‘20 number plate over a ‘69, just curious....

I've been told by Tesla via email that "all the cars collected after 1st of March will have a 20 reg plate". Up to you how you define 'after'!

Reactions: AnnaSophia

I hear you - I want to pick mine up on 21st Feb but I simply can't make the date - not bothered about what plate it gets as I'm transferring a private plate to it as soon as the V5 lands.... Tesla won't play ball as I suspect they think I'm just pushing for a 20 plate. :(

I've just called the Leeds SC to try and move my delivery day from 21st Feb to 6th March - they said if I don't collect the car within 7 days of the original date I would lose the allocation! The only option they could give me was to give someone else power of attorney to collect the car on my behalf!

I can't make the 21st and I'll be damned if I'm going to bu66er about with power of attorney - so it looks like I'll go to the bottom of the list and maybe wait until June :confused:

Update: shortly after the call with Leeds I emailed [email protected] explaining my situation and appealing for some assistance. Just received a reply saying my delivery date has been moved to 6th March - checked my account and it's showing the new date - whoop whoop :)

Update: shortly after the call with Leeds I emailed [email protected] explaining my situation and appealing for some assistance. Just received a reply saying my delivery date has been moved to 6th March - checked my account and it's showing the new date - whoop whoop :)

Grrr, emailed them yesterday asking for reg details as have to arrange insurance through work and no reply yet :(

Reactions: Jez_GB
I was told when I phoned Tesla that I was going to get my car the 3rd or 4th week of Feb. I’ve had a hidden VIN for a while (M3P).

Cautious now that so many others have had a hard date appear on the portal and via text. I give back my Model S this weekend so getting desperate now ( I am away for 2 weeks so I can manage without)

What does everyone make of this? Can anything be made? Bit of a newbie to it all, but starting to become obsessed!

M3P, Black/Black, Edinburgh, Cash, Ordered 11th Jan - initial estimate for delivery Feb.

Hidden VIN appeared just as Grand Mark was approaching panama canal and has stayed there.

Phoned Tesla (main contact number) - told that car was still in port of San Fran, estimated pick up end of March.

Phoned Tesla (Edinburgh) - told that car had been matched, expect either Feb/Mar, defo before end of tax year.

Has it been the case they tell you the car is still in San Fran when it is actually on a boat? Presume difficult to track so many cars precisely.

Had an email from Tesla today stating "The grant will not be removed if you placed your order before 1st of April even if delivery will be after."

I was hoping that there might be some impetus for them to delivery this quarter what with the EV grant being removed, but clearly not.

Status
Not open for further replies.