Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What number to people call in Ireland? I just got my Hidden VIN today so I want to try to figure out what boat it might be on.

I only finished the final bit of financing and now my order page has nothing left to do so I’m wondering if the VIN was always there and just got released when I finished the last task?

Thanks,
Darren.

Just call the same number, it's all centralised 0044162 845 0660 option 4 then option 1

Interesting. My order is from September. The exact spec has appeared in existing inventory. I asked them to swap onto it but they said they won't as they are part of the same shipment. Have you been given a delivery date as I'm told end of Feb/beginning of March. :)

Interesting that before they could action the change I got a hidden VIN for my original order. Called Stockport and they confirmed that with delivery due 1st/2nd week in March, which is when I could have collected the car from London. Kept my original order and cancelled the change, someone else can have the London one - aren't I kind! Looks like my original order must be on the next ship.

LIke most people on here I have spent many hours looking at this thread and the great one on shipping news, even tracked the Cosmos on its journey. So thought it worth sharing my experience as it could help set some expectations. Long story short, the estimate I was given when I placed my order has proved to be accurate:

• Order place on the 28th of December, on the website it said February delivery.
  • My hidden VIN appeared around the time the Cosmos sailed, my interpretation is that the comments are true that a VIN gets allocated as the cars go onto the ship.
  • I received my text about delivery while the ship was still in port in Belgium, with a delivery date of the 19th of Feb.
  • Today I received paperwork for the finance and delivery advice about my pickup, about 8 days after the text.
  • The paperwork included my registration number and so sorted out my insurance. Trading in so have cover of the Model 3 and my existing ICE for the pickup day.
Hope this is some help or comfort for those eagerly waiting for a delivery in the coming weeks.

I put diesel in my car for the last time yesterday, took a photo to commemorate the moment.

Attachments

• 8CC2A06C-0C95-4B0C-9591-2E123A2100D1.jpeg
    8CC2A06C-0C95-4B0C-9591-2E123A2100D1.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Email I’ve had says expect min of 40% as they’ve got a lot of cars to shift and not enough chargers, but to let them know if you need more

Thanks for that. I’m not due to pick up until 1st March, so guessing I won’t get that email for a week or so. I’m picking up from Birmingham.

I have a 30 mile journey back from the SC & will probably want to drive a lot further on the Sunday, so I’ll ask if they can put some more juice in it. Presumably I can get 120kw at the SC so an hour on charge while I’m doing paperwork/handover stuff should give me a decent amount.

Home charger isn’t being installed for a few weeks, but fortunately we have plenty of 7kw chargers at work free of charge

With the change to the BIK rules, I decided to take a company car rather cash for cars. Placed an order with with my company's lease car provider (Zenith) on the 7th Jan for an M3 LR MSM Black, asking for delivery no earlier than 6th April (purely so that I didn't pay any BIK)

I'm not sure what the lease company told Tesla about my request for no earlier than 6th, but I know for sure that they placed the order quite quickly as they provided me the reservation number. As with all lease deals, there's nothing showing on my Tesla account.

I'm following the shipping thread closely, but in an ideal world I'm guessing that a ship docking around the 3rd/4th week of March would suit my delivery date.

With the change to the BIK rules, I decided to take a company car rather cash for cars. Placed an order with with my company's lease car provider (Zenith) on the 7th Jan for an M3 LR MSM Black, asking for delivery no earlier than 6th April (purely so that I didn't pay any BIK)

I'm not sure what the lease company told Tesla about my request for no earlier than 6th, but I know for sure that they placed the order quite quickly as they provided me the reservation number. As with all lease deals, there's nothing showing on my Tesla account.

I'm following the shipping thread closely, but in an ideal world I'm guessing that a ship docking around the 3rd/4th week of March would suit my delivery date.

I've also ordered through my work scheme, managed by Zenith. How do you get the RN? I ordered on the 14th of Jan. Standard car with standard spec. I asked for it anytime after March the 3rd, Zenith reckon it will arrive in late April but I've no idea what that's based on.

I've also ordered through my work scheme, managed by Zenith. How do you get the RN? I ordered on the 14th of Jan. Standard car with standard spec. I asked for it anytime after March the 3rd, Zenith reckon it will arrive in late April but I've no idea what that's based on.
I just rang Zenith and they gave me the RN.
As for the delivery times that Zenith quote, I was just told that they just add 12-14 weeks on from the point of order by default but it’s really up to Tesla as to when they start to match it

Status
Not open for further replies.