Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case useful to anyone for comparison: hidden VIN appeared on my blue SR+, Jan 19 order to LDN. Had a note not to deliver before BIK updates of April, will see how progresses...

From what I’m told, if you’ve told them to delay past March. The next ships come over to UK are June. I don’t understand delaying until April, you would only have to pay BIK for a very small amount of time til new tax year anyway

So I called my company car administrator (Tusker) today regarding my order (M3P MSM/Black made in early November)

Iv'e been told that I don't currently have a VIN assigned to my RN number by Tesla, but they (Tesla) have said all orders made to date will be delivered before the end of March. They have also said that there will be no deliveries following April.

I have asked them to link the RN to my account and they have said there will be an update on Wednesday where they hope for VIN matching for the next boat incoming. I suggested that the Tusker agent starts looking in these forums as she didn't know any of the detailed shipping info that is shared here!

Hopefully I will have some more news regarding when M3P's will be coming in.

Has anyone had any official VIN matching or calls/texts regarding cars on the GLOVIS CHALLENGE yet?

Assuming now at best that mines on the GRAND MARK due in to ZEE on 21st Feb.

So I called my company car administrator (Tusker) today regarding my order (M3P MSM/Black made in early November)

Iv'e been told that I don't currently have a VIN assigned to my RN number by Tesla, but they (Tesla) have said all orders made to date will be delivered before the end of March. They have also said that there will be no deliveries following April.

I have asked them to link the RN to my account and they have said there will be an update on Wednesday where they hope for VIN matching for the next boat incoming. I suggested that the Tusker agent starts looking in these forums as she didn't know any of the detailed shipping info that is shared here!

Has anyone had any official VIN matching or calls/texts regarding cars on the GLOVIS CHALLENGE yet?

I'm pretty sure mines on the challenge, although I've not been officially told it is. just my VIN dropped in a day after it left port. I have seen a few that have been told their car is on the Challenge, and they have VINs. All of which I suspect have had their vins for at least 2/3 weeks. From what Ive seen/learnt if you haven't got a VIN yet, you're not likely to be on Grand Mark or Brooklands. If it pop in sometime this week, Morning Cara or Asian King will be your ships. I'm not sure how Tusker works though, it might not be your usual VIN allocation.

Usually they drop in as the boat leaves SF and for a day or so after. If it helps here's where the ships currently are...

Attachments

• EQ9bohPWAAAxtk2.jpeg
    EQ9bohPWAAAxtk2.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 75
I just rang Zenith and they gave me the RN.
As for the delivery times that Zenith quote, I was just told that they just add 12-14 weeks on from the point of order by default but it’s really up to Tesla as to when they start to match it

Thanks for this, I just called Zenith for the RN. Tesla then confirmed that I've been matched to a car and it's due to Zebrugge in the first week of March, it should be with me 2 weeks after that. Hopefully that's correct and beats the Zenith quoted delivery of late April.

Good luck with Tusker, never dealt with such a poor company before.

I ordered mid Jan, got VIN matched towards end of Jan. I was told 3rd or 4th week of Feb for delivery.

Just ben told now end of Feb or 1st week of March latest. The ship has docked and the car is on land now though..

Were you contacted to say you received a VIN? I was told by Tesla Newcastle yesterday that I'd get a text when I was assigned/matched, but that's not what I've witnessed on here I don't think.

I'm also leasing and have a VIN as of Friday, I was told the only communication I would see is an email from Tesla when the car is in Southampton, this would go to both me and the lease company to arrange a collection date.

I couldn't get the name of the boat from Tesla though, they said they had no idea.

I'm also leasing and have a VIN as of Friday, I was told the only communication I would see is an email from Tesla when the car is in Southampton, this would go to both me and the lease company to arrange a collection date.

I couldn't get the name of the boat from Tesla though, they said they had no idea.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks. Were you only told about the VIN then, or do you know that that was when you were actually matched? If so, you'll be able to (fairly) accurately guess which ship it's on as it will have just left SanFran :)

Yeah that makes sense, thanks. Were you only told about the VIN then, or do you know that that was when you were actually matched? If so, you'll be able to (fairly) accurately guess which ship it's on as it will have just left SanFran :)

It was a strange scenario, so I rang up Tesla as I usually do on a Friday morning and they said I had not been matched, I then saw a lot of vehicles on inventory matching my spec so I rang both Tesla and the lease company to try and arrange for me to be matched to one of those, cutting a long story short it didn't work.

I then had some information from another forum member here advising they had been matched so once I again I rang Tesla and they then told me I had been matched to a car, so this must have happened around 12pm on Friday 14th.

If we go on the basis of being matched as the boat leaves then I expect it would be Morning Cara, but if it's matched as the cars leave the factory then it could be Asian King.

The only thing that makes me nervous is that yes the car has been matched to the RN however what stops the lease company from saying no I want to give that car to a different customer and therefore the VIN disappears.

I try not to think of worse case scenario and instead look at the sheer volume of vessels coming over in the next 4/5 weeks and think, one of them must have my car on it!

Some new inventory has been added to the Tesla page this afternoon (inc. some with 19" sport wheels :cool:) - I assume unmatched stock on the Glovis Challenge, which is due into Zeebrugge very soon.

Which begs the question... has anyone received a delivery date notification from Tesla for a car on this ship yet?

If I’d put a direct order in on 11/02, is it looking too optimistic that it would be matched to anything that has already left or is about to?

The online order form said March but this changed to “-“ fairly quickly after confirming my details (cash payment, Bristol delivery, photos of my driving licence etc). I don’t mind it being April but June would be annoying (I’ve heard conflicting reports about March being the last batch coming to the UK until then)

No hidden VIN in the source, although there is annoyingly a stylesheet filename with 5Y in it :(

If I’d put a direct order in on 11/02, is it looking too optimistic that it would be matched to anything that has already left or is about to?

The online order form said March but this changed to “-“ fairly quickly after confirming my details (cash payment, Bristol delivery, photos of my driving licence etc). I don’t mind it being April but June would be annoying (I’ve heard conflicting reports about March being the last batch coming to the UK until then)

No hidden VIN in the source, although there is annoyingly a stylesheet filename with 5Y in it :(

Keep a very regular eye on the inventory page as M3's pop up regularly. You may get an early one as there doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to the way specific orders are matched and you can grab an early one that way.

Keep a very regular eye on the inventory page as M3's pop up regularly. You may get an early one as there doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to the way specific orders are matched and you can grab an early one that way.
Thanks. I have been keeping watch but the spec I’ve ordered seems to be fairly rare - blue/white M3P with FSD (though I could add the latter myself)

Thanks. I have been keeping watch but the spec I’ve ordered seems to be fairly rare - blue/white M3P with FSD (though I could add the latter myself)

Mine was a red SR+ with tow bar that I grabbed from inventory and I thought that was a bit oddball but have been surprised how many have been on with the tow bar. There is one on there now.
Your order is also unusual but you never know!

Reactions: Durzel
So, an update on my order as follows:

Decided to speak to Tesla as getting no helpful info from Tusker. Line was very busy and ended up being routed through to Tesla in Amsterdam! Gent on the phone was super helpful but I take his info with a pinch of salt. He informed me of the following:

1. Based on my RN number, my order has indeed been matched to a car (hooray!) the location of the vehicle is shown as Belgium but this could indicate it's en route and no details of the exact ship could be provided.
2. He provided the VIN number but could not say when it was assigned.
3. I was told that I would not get any text from Tesla direct, the lease company would contact me to arrange collection after they were informed the vehicle was at Southampton. So more waiting required.
4. He could not assign the RN to my Tesla account, as it needs to remain with the lease company until collection
5. I should expect early march collection date.

So this may give hope to those out there that are going through a 3rd party.

This probably gives me false hope that my car could even be on the CHALLENGE but I would like to hedge my bets and say the GRAND MARK. BROOKLANDS now looking like second half of March for collection so hopefully it's on a boat before that!

Anyway, hopefully it's getting closer to the UK each day and not sat in California!

Some new inventory has been added to the Tesla page this afternoon (inc. some with 19" sport wheels :cool:) - I assume unmatched stock on the Glovis Challenge, which is due into Zeebrugge very soon.

Which begs the question... has anyone received a delivery date notification from Tesla for a car on this ship yet?
No. I was told last week that I was on Challenge and that they would contact me with a delivery date once the car was in Southampton. The way things are now going, that could be next week now. So I've revised my own delivery estimate to early March now.

Status
Not open for further replies.