Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just phoned Bristol (Sales, not the New Car Delivery option) and was told that I haven't yet been allocated anything and that they believe they have allocated all of their cars now. Next delivery "around May" which is better than June I suppose, but still a bit annoying.

Ordered online on 11/02, blue/white M3P with FSD, cash.

I’ve just read that there’s a possibility of the aptly named Challenge might dock late afternoon today. Fingers crossed as
it will undoubtedly have a knock on effect on the following ships.
As someone who has followed the Tesla ordering/delivery system for many, many months now, It would seem that the majority of deliveries are, on average, 14 weeks after the initial order. Although they are currently trying to squeeze a few more cars in for end of Q1
I’m currently on the 13th week and I suspect it will be the 15th before delivery because of the current delay.
My personal experience with getting information from Tesla is they will really only give you hard info once you are
officially VIN allocated, roughly 3 weeks before delivery.

Another first poster here.

I placed my similar order on the 13th, blue/black M3P with FSD through PCP, from Solihull. looks like I'm in for quite a wait but will be interesting to see how close the delivery dates are for similar cars. I had an approval message for the finance within 24 hours, now I'm checking the source code of the website every day like a nervous addict.

Reactions: Durzel and Gatsojon
Ordered blue LR 31/1 through Zenith (company car). Having got hold of RN I called Tesla last week and then again today. 5 - 10 minute wait on phone but pleasant chap and no issue with me calling.

Told I was not VIN matched but that they had ships leaving every Friday through 6 March so fine to call back once a week. Take with pinch of salt but sounds like a few more loads to come yet...

@awaghorn - I've tried getting a RN number out of Zenith but they told me they didn't get them from Tesla. Did you just ring up to get yours?

@awaghorn - I've tried getting a RN number out of Zenith but they told me they didn't get them from Tesla. Did you just ring up to get yours?
When leasing, the biggest bit of advice I can give is fight for an RN as soon as possible, or risk waiting almost 4 months to find that it was never actually ordered at Tesla. Unless your company orders a bulk and then divvies them out themselves, you will have an RN unique to you and your order. Without that you cannot be certain that they even ordered the car, and you won't get any info out of Tesla without it either.

Reactions: ringi
When leasing, the biggest bit of advice I can give is fight for an RN as soon as possible, or risk waiting almost 4 months to find that it was never actually ordered at Tesla. Unless your company orders a bulk and then divvies them out themselves, you will have an RN unique to you and your order. Without that you cannot be certain that they even ordered the car, and you won't get any info out of Tesla without it either.

Thanks for the info. I do know that they've placed the order as I used a friends referral code and the order has appeared in his account. That's about all I know though.

Hi guys, I didn’t include my spec White/White LR 18”Aeros FSD.
It’s my opinion from following here and other places that in general there’s no real distinction between spec and delivery
times unless there is specific problems. Buyers have had problems with Tesla changing the options available.
For example they took away the 19” wheel option for months and have only just reinstalled it. That meant that lots of orders back in May last year weren’t processed and are only being delivered now. Likewise, the white premium interior option for SR+ has recently been dropped, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar situation for those that ordered the white just before it went.
The only option that seems to lengthen the delivery process is ‘tow bars’ I’m not sure why.
Of course, sometimes third party involvements such as leasing lengthen the process but that’s generally down to how
efficient the company is rather than Tesla.

Finally! I have been given a delivery slot. Monday 2nd march 10:30 at Leeds :), The ops team also called me to apologise for the delay and advise they will be fitting mats and a phone dock as way of apology.

The end is Nigh!

Great news, was it someone at Leeds that called you back?

I called Tesla today and was told there was a delay due to the storms. I’m hoping from what he said that my car maybe on the Glovis Challenge, which was meant to dock in Zee on 15th Feb.

info I got from Tesla sales guy:

You have a VIN!

Due to arrive at Birmingham Service Centre in the second week of March.
In early March they will text to offer a delivery slot.
Details on final payment, reg etc will then follow shortly after, heading for a Mid March delivery!

- M3P, black/white
- no FSD, no towbar, no trade in
- Cash
- ordered 9th dec
- hidden VIN 10th Feb

I've ordered the same spec but roughly a month later.

On this basis, hopefully I'll hear something at the end of this month. I'm going to Milton Keynes on Saturday so I'll see if I can get any more out of them than the standard lines they've fed me before.

I'm surprised you're not waiting longer for your spec. The spreadsheet in the main forum is interesting for seeing what people are ordering; basically anything other than white, black and SR+ has lesser popularity, combine all 3 and you're in the <1% of orders group, so they ain't going to be making a lot of them.

FSD obviously makes no difference, nor does purchase option.

Just phoned Bristol (Sales, not the New Car Delivery option) and was told that I haven't yet been allocated anything and that they believe they have allocated all of their cars now. Next delivery "around May" which is better than June I suppose, but still a bit annoying.

How have I missed this?! If this is true I'll be fuming. Time to draft my complaint letter to leaseplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.