Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this back through from Tesla today via email for my SR+ that was suppose to arrive on the 27th -

Thanks for your email.

I’m afraid we are unable to deliver this vehicle at the moment due to the site being restricted. We will be in touch with the driver to reschedule the delivery once we have further information from the Compound.

We cannot confirm when this will be, as I’m sure you can appreciate things are changing daily.

We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Ellie
@Slr88 do you know which compound your cars at? Mines stuck in Carlisle and it sounds like it will be until the lockdown ends.

Recent personal experience with my own order taught me that "Leeds inventory" (substitute any location) means nothing more than somewhere in transit from Freemont Factory. Most likely the vehicle is at sea or if you are lucky at Southampton Docks. The most unlikely scenario is the vehicle is actually physically presnt at Leeds.

Call me old fashioned but I thought "inventory" was physical stock. How times have changed.

Not old fashioned at all! Until I read your comments I'd assumed that was the case as lots of inventory currently.
Tesla of course have there own definition of things.

No UK cars at sea at the minute are there?

Not old fashioned at all! Until I read your comments I'd assumed that was the case as lots of inventory currently.
Tesla of course have there own definition of things.

No UK cars at sea at the minute are there?
I don’t know if there are any UK cars at sea now. Once I knew my “inventory” car had reached dry land I stopped following the Shipping movements thread as closely.

On 26th March I declined an appointment to collect my car on 28th, as it's non-essential travel and a 120 mile round trip for me to Leeds.
The leasing company advised me today the car's been re-assigned by Tesla, despite a telephone assurance to me this would not be the case. Having waited since November for the car I now don't know if/when the order will be fulfilled. Has anyone else experienced this?

I happened to notice last week that the VIN for the car had disappeared from both the visible entry on the account page of the web site and the source code. Mentioned that to Tesla Bristol, who said Tesla centrally had made the car reassignable (is that a word?) as I had been unable to collect. Tesla Bristol however got the VIN back in the source code shortly thereafter.

Have to say Tesla Bristol have been very helpful through all of this and if ultimately the car is removed from being assigned to me and made available to whoever else may want it I expect it will be down to Tesla centrally and not the folk at Bristol.

Update: I have called Sam (he became helpful again).

Tracked my car and said it's showing somewhere around North London at the moment. He said the driver is stationary at present and also said, it's on the back of a truck. He's going to chase the company doing the work and call me back but it should be with me today.

Again we wait.
I’ll be very surprised if it isn’t with you by the end of the day, being the end of Q1. We are also getting ours today!

Update: I have called Sam (he became helpful again).

Tracked my car and said it's showing somewhere around North London at the moment. He said the driver is stationary at present and also said, it's on the back of a truck. He's going to chase the company doing the work and call me back but it should be with me today.

Again we wait.

that's good then you should get it today.

apparently Sam is the man as he's the delivery coordinator , as I have just chased mine up and they said they were going to contact sam

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Status
Not open for further replies.