Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long it takes for Tesla to register a number plate to a car? My car shows as having a number plate but does not appear as a registered plate on DVLA. Do Tesla just “allocate” number plates then register them a couple of days before delivery / collection?
I was trying to arrange insurance on the day of delivery, having been given the registration number the day before but the DVLA site didn't show it. I spoke to the person at my SC and she told me that they only registered the car after the customer physically received it (& electronically signed for it).

It arrived late afternoon just as we were talking on the phone & she confirmed that the details would now be automatically forwarded to the DVLA (but too late to appear on their site that evening). On checking early next morning it was there so I was a able to insure (and drive!) it.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone1
So I have movement on mine. Reserved the car from existing inventory, and the request made 8 days ago by my NHS Fleet Management for VWFS to secure the car. The car was showing up as my car on my Tesla account all week, which, going by what the Tesla guys told me was a sign that the RN (or a new RN) hadn't been reassigned to VWFS yet.

I've just seen I'm back to the generic splash page of a Model S, and my app has locked me back out again saying "You have no products associated with this account".

I'm hoping that means that the money is now with Tesla, and the next stage is arranging delivery.

Fingers, toes and eyebrows crossed!!

Text received today offering me to collect on 4 May. I had originally agreed to delay as although I'm considered a key worker I can work from home most of the time and have a car I'm part exchanging so was not in desperate need.
Have accepted but having just looked in my account it looks as though they've dropped my trade in value by 3k. That's not acceptable for a car that's done <50 miles since the first quote and was delayed by them in the first place, so I'll call them on Thursday to see what the craic is. Not holding out much hope so I'm preparing to delay again until the market picks up somewhat.

So I have movement on mine. Reserved the car from existing inventory, and the request made 8 days ago by my NHS Fleet Management for VWFS to secure the car. The car was showing up as my car on my Tesla account all week, which, going by what the Tesla guys told me was a sign that the RN (or a new RN) hadn't been reassigned to VWFS yet.

I've just seen I'm back to the generic splash page of a Model S, and my app has locked me back out again saying "You have no products associated with this account".

I'm hoping that means that the money is now with Tesla, and the next stage is arranging delivery.

As a new "leasee" of a Model 3, that's the exact experience I had throughout the order process - generic Model S/Powerwall/Referral Code page on website with no products. My mobile app didn't spring to life until I physically got in the car and drove it away from the Service Centre. So all sounds really good signs for you (i.e. it now belonging to lease/finance company, and Tesla should be in contact soon with a delivery date, good luck :))

It should be a good sign as it should mean they have created a new RN as your order will be transferred to VWFS. Your VIN will stay the same.

Text received today offering me to collect on 4 May. I had originally agreed to delay as although I'm considered a key worker I can work from home most of the time and have a car I'm part exchanging so was not in desperate need.
Have accepted but having just looked in my account it looks as though they've dropped my trade in value by 3k. That's not acceptable for a car that's done <50 miles since the first quote and was delayed by them in the first place, so I'll call them on Thursday to see what the craic is. Not holding out much hope so I'm preparing to delay again until the market picks up somewhat.
Regardless of the small number of miles driven, the demand for cars will have fallen enormously in the last 6 weeks - so it's no surprise that the value you'll get has fallen as well unfortunately.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on getting that £3k reversed - can you still afford it if they don't budge?

Being objective about all that's happening & indicators that people are focusing on basics but not big ticket items, I don't think £3k is surprising in current circumstances. The fact that there is surplus Tesla inventory and the UK car industry was reporting a pretty steep decline even before all this suggests that resale values may likely drop further still.

Teslas trade in price (actually from Autotrader group as these cars go to auction) will be governed by market forces I'm afraid.

(...the car dealership that gave me £18k for my old car in Feb told me they will be lucky to sell it on for more than £16k now whereas they confidently listed it at £21k just before the UK lockdown)

I completely understand the market situation but I strongly suspect it will recover to near pre lockdown levels once current restrictions start to lift. That's why I'm not getting hopes up but am willing to defer until later in the year. Why pay an extra 3k when by waiting a few months I can minimise that?

It's a risk I know but the potential benefit seems worth it. I'm fortunate enough to have a job and vehicle to carry on as normal and if things dont pan out as I think then I can always reassess.

Status
Not open for further replies.