Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn’t fancy Norfolk to Dartford either, but my pickup was the day before lockdown became law. Tesla arranged for TNT to drive it up.
We plan to visit Norfolk’s one and only supercharger site this week to whether it works ok.
Might bump into you some time. Just literally!
I'm on the Acle side of Norwich, just found out my Zappi will not be fitted till next week so I'll probably take a trip to the Instavolt at Bannatynes at the weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you, theres a few M3's round here now.

Let me know how it went, and don't forget pics!! :)

My mind is blown. My neck is aching a bit from testing the acceleration! The wee'un was laughing his head off when I picked him up from school in it.

It is beautiful and so glad I went for this and not the e-tron.

Can imagine how you will be feeling on Friday!

Tesla2.jpg

My mind is blown. My neck is aching a bit from testing the acceleration! The wee'un was laughing his head off when I picked him up from school in it.

It is beautiful and so glad I went for this and not the e-tron.

Can imagine how you will be feeling on Friday!

View attachment 541342

I really love that colour-the MP3 they have in the showroom in Leeds is that colour. It looks amazing!! Congratulations :)

I'm having to drive through on Friday with the boy, leave my current car somewhere, and come back for it with the wife, but my son has insisted on coming because he's got a playlist ready for the "1st Drive Home" :D

Oh man, nearly there..... :D

Reactions: Cyclone1
I really love that colour-the MP3 they have in the showroom in Leeds is that colour. It looks amazing!! Congratulations :)

Biased opinion maybe, but I think it looks even better in the flesh than on photos. I think this colour best matches the aero wheel covers. I know the 'bare metal' underneath is perhaps a bit sexier but I'd rather eke out every last mile I can so I'm not in a rush to take them off. There's someone up my street who has an M3 already - I was in my study last night (which looks out onto the street) and saw him drive past and almost break his neck from the double take when he went past my drive! :D The guys at Leeds prepped the vehicle really well. I couldn't find any snags and I'm a bit OCD so I was looking for EVERYTHING! It was charged up and gleaming spotless. The app activated after about 20 minutes.

I'm having to drive through on Friday with the boy, leave my current car somewhere, and come back for it with the wife, but my son has insisted on coming because he's got a playlist ready for the "1st Drive Home"

It's eerily quiet around the Tesla CS in Leeds. Having just gone from a lumbering Lexus RX450h this thing is like driving a kart! Am sure your boy will love it and you'll get a huge buzz from seeing him grin like a Cheshire cat! My wall charger doesn't get installed until tomorrow so we went to the supercharger in Scotch Corner. We played 2-player Beach Buggy - tip: it's much easier to control with the on-screen touch controls rather than the steering wheel! We were also bemused at some old guy who turned up in an iPace and tried to charge it and was just sat in his car for 10 minutes with nothing happening (I could see the light on his charge point wasn't turning green). I suspect he may have gone to the other services at Scotch Corner and couldn't find a free charger so was trying his luck. Really makes you realise how good it is having the infrastructure available. Oh dear, I've just turned into a smug git! :p

The music sounds amazing - the immersive sound is impressive. I've got a PNY SSD that I partitioned for TeslaCam and the other partition I copied my entire iTunes library onto. Am sure your boy will enjoy his playlist like never before!

Oh man, nearly there..... :D

You must be going crazy. But you'll have the best day ever tomorrow! Enjoy! :)

Reactions: JupiterMan
Biased opinion maybe, but I think it looks even better in the flesh than on photos. I think this colour best matches the aero wheel covers. I know the 'bare metal' underneath is perhaps a bit sexier but I'd rather eke out every last mile I can so I'm not in a rush to take them off. There's someone up my street who has an M3 already - I was in my study last night (which looks out onto the street) and saw him drive past and almost break his neck from the double take when he went past my drive! :D The guys at Leeds prepped the vehicle really well. I couldn't find any snags and I'm a bit OCD so I was looking for EVERYTHING! It was charged up and gleaming spotless. The app activated after about 20 minutes.

It's eerily quiet around the Tesla CS in Leeds. Having just gone from a lumbering Lexus RX450h this thing is like driving a kart! Am sure your boy will love it and you'll get a huge buzz from seeing him grin like a Cheshire cat! My wall charger doesn't get installed until tomorrow so we went to the supercharger in Scotch Corner. We played 2-player Beach Buggy - tip: it's much easier to control with the on-screen touch controls rather than the steering wheel! We were also bemused at some old guy who turned up in an iPace and tried to charge it and was just sat in his car for 10 minutes with nothing happening (I could see the light on his charge point wasn't turning green). I suspect he may have gone to the other services at Scotch Corner and couldn't find a free charger so was trying his luck. Really makes you realise how good it is having the infrastructure available. Oh dear, I've just turned into a smug git! :p

The music sounds amazing - the immersive sound is impressive. I've got a PNY SSD that I partitioned for TeslaCam and the other partition I copied my entire iTunes library onto. Am sure your boy will enjoy his playlist like never before!

You must be going crazy. But you'll have the best day ever tomorrow! Enjoy! :)

It's fantastic hearing people so giddy about their cars-they turn us into kids again, don't they :D

Do you mind me asking about the charger? Did you get a Tesla charger, and how much did the actual installation cost?

I've literally just said to myself "in an hour and a half, it'll be less than 24hrs" :D

I'm not sure whether it's against forum rules to advertise but it's not strictly speaking an advertisement - I ordered a charger through smarthomecharge dot co dot uk. They have been super quick and efficient. I'm going for the ohme smart charger because they offer it on 0% finance. It would have been installed sooner if I'd had the paperwork for the OLEV grant application, that's what held things up the most. The electrician called and said he could have fitted it yesterday, but that wouldn't have worked out as I was obviously elsewhere! He could have fitted it today but I couldn't get the day off work, hence tomorrow morning. I get the feeling they are looking for jobs! The costs are all on their website.

It's fantastic hearing people so giddy about their cars-they turn us into kids again, don't they :D

Do you mind me asking about the charger? Did you get a Tesla charger, and how much did the actual installation cost?

I've literally just said to myself "in an hour and a half, it'll be less than 24hrs" :D

By the way, I was (because of logistics) an hour early turning up to Leeds and everything was still ready.
Yes, it is like Christmas Day aged 5 again!

I'm not sure whether it's against forum rules to advertise but it's not strictly speaking an advertisement - I ordered a charger through smarthomecharge dot co dot uk. They have been super quick and efficient. I'm going for the ohme smart charger because they offer it on 0% finance. It would have been installed sooner if I'd had the paperwork for the OLEV grant application, that's what held things up the most. The electrician called and said he could have fitted it yesterday, but that wouldn't have worked out as I was obviously elsewhere! He could have fitted it today but I couldn't get the day off work, hence tomorrow morning. I get the feeling they are looking for jobs! The costs are all on their website.

I did exactly the same as regards a charger. Good company to deal with, but could be a bit quicker, although it may have been the lockdown which didn't help. EV Man on YouTube has a discount code, as this is what he uses for his Model 3.

Seems to be a lot of stock appearing on the inventory In Southampton. My order was scheduled for July. Saw the inventory this morning, called Tesla, they spoke to Arval and my delivery is confirmed for the end of may now. Offered to pick it up but they said they would prefer to deliver which was great!

Definitely worth calling Tesla if you want a delivery brought forward! Very straightforward (so far)

Did they see you early, then, and was it a "contactless handover"?

I took the photo of the M3 that I posted from the sliding doors at the entrance, just to give you some idea of bearings. There is a desk right there and everything else is cordoned off. You ring the bell for attention and someone will come out. Leave your driving licence on the desk and they will take it away and come back with the keycards and a delivery note to sign. Go and have a look around the car for half an hour or so (you do this on your own). I suspect you've watched about 3 million youtube videos about the M3 so you'll know all the screen options already :D

If you're happy just go in and sign the piece of paper and drive away. Presumably by then your son will have sussed the music and it will be blaring away with the volume up to 11...

It's quite a labyrinth of industrial estate streets around there but the navigation gets you out just fine. It's not far to the dual carriageway but it still took me a little while to pluck up the courage to put my foot down. It's all 40 / 50mph dual carriageway around there (don't know if you know Leeds roads at all, I didn't) so best not to floor it until you get to a motorway. You get to the legal speed limit extremely quickly. Make sure your head is well planted against the seat back BEFORE you do it!!!!

I had to drive for about 20 miles before the autopilot cameras calibrated. It won't switch on before then. There is a blue circular progress wheel around the steering wheel icon that tells you how it's doing.

I am currently thinking of excuses to go out for a drive.

Enjoy! I expect you might wake up early tomorrow...

I took the photo of the M3 that I posted from the sliding doors at the entrance, just to give you some idea of bearings. There is a desk right there and everything else is cordoned off. You ring the bell for attention and someone will come out. Leave your driving licence on the desk and they will take it away and come back with the keycards and a delivery note to sign. Go and have a look around the car for half an hour or so (you do this on your own). I suspect you've watched about 3 million youtube videos about the M3 so you'll know all the screen options already :D

If you're happy just go in and sign the piece of paper and drive away. Presumably by then your son will have sussed the music and it will be blaring away with the volume up to 11...

It's quite a labyrinth of industrial estate streets around there but the navigation gets you out just fine. It's not far to the dual carriageway but it still took me a little while to pluck up the courage to put my foot down. It's all 40 / 50mph dual carriageway around there (don't know if you know Leeds roads at all, I didn't) so best not to floor it until you get to a motorway. You get to the legal speed limit extremely quickly. Make sure your head is well planted against the seat back BEFORE you do it!!!!

I had to drive for about 20 miles before the autopilot cameras calibrated. It won't switch on before then. There is a blue circular progress wheel around the steering wheel icon that tells you how it's doing.

I am currently thinking of excuses to go out for a drive.

Enjoy! I expect you might wake up early tomorrow...

Thanks for that! I've been to the Leeds branch before-had a test drive there a few months ago, and weirdly, I know the area really well.

I'm heading straight for the M1 after I've got it, and know the roads, I just need to make sure I don't leave the tyres on the road when I first punch it :D

I'm trying to wait until I'm absolutely ready to sleep before going to bed....

Well, I finally got to go and collect my M3P from Stockport yesterday - it looked gorgeous and was nicely prepared. I drove as far as the end of the car park before an 'eSOS Warning' (or something like that) popped up. Apparently meant I wasn't allowed to take it away, so another wait...

But I did get a loaner, so not the end of the world, but I wanted my one really...

• Informative
Reactions: bhav
Spoke to Zenith today, got told Tesla had released a big list to them basically saying all the cars are available for collection or delivery from week commencing the 25th

My M3 LR was ordered at the end of Jan with an initial delivery of April.
This was then pushed back to June.
This morning I have been given a delivery of 29th May so it seems that some cars have been released in the last day or so (from stock I assume?).

My M3 LR was ordered at the end of Jan with an initial delivery of April.
This was then pushed back to June.
This morning I have been given a delivery of 29th May so it seems that some cars have been released in the last day or so (from stock I assume?).

They've been releasing cars in blocks of about 50 once a week from what I can see. Whether thats just how long it takes to work through them or there are blocks reserved for corporate fleet buyers where the orders have gone back (it must be the case that some company car orders were for people now furloughed so you'd presumably put the order on hold) is anyonmes guess and usually a bit of everything.

Reactions: Jam-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.