Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed to the lock when walk away function and looked on as nothing happened.

From the Manual

Note: Walk-Away Door Lock operates only
when using an authenticated phone. When
you walk away from Model 3 carrying a key
card or the key fob accessory, Model 3 does
not automatically unlock/lock, even if this
feature is turned on (see Walk-Away Door
Lock on page 13).
Using Exterior

Works fine with the App, also sound notification, so you don't have to watch or keep looking back.

Controls > Locks > Lock
Confirmation Sound > ON.

FINALLY got confirmation from Tesla that my lease company have given lease approval to Tesla so now Tesla have everything they need to match me a Model 3 LR AWD with 19inc sport wheels in Blue! They’re saying August for delivery (even though their website is still saying June for est. delivery of this spec) so I’m setting my expectations on Aug/Sept all being well! You never know though - might get lucky and get one earlier. I think my choice of wheels limits my chances though. Wonder if the August deliveries will have USB-C and wireless charging...
Good lord! Just spoke to Tesla who advised me that although the lease company had provided them the go-ahead to match me a car a couple of days ago and that that he can see they have the approval from the Lease company that it’s still not flagged as approved to match in the their system. This seems like such a clunky ordering process! What if I hadn’t phoned today - could have been more wasted days of delay. So right not they aren’t even trying to match me a car at all. Painful! He said it would likely be August anyway fro delivery but I dont understand how he can say that with the state of my order - how does he know there will be a car coming over which is unmatched that matches my spec? Is it always like this?

got mine today! SR+ on 18" wheels and as others mentioned Michelin tyres. Annoyingly my corporate email address was linked to the account so I am getting it transferred over to my personal email. This meant the app isn't working yet but have been for a spin using the card key.

Changed to the lock when walk away function and looked on as nothing happened. Rang support and they suggested a reboot which I did but also will be connecting to wifi to get the latest OTA update. Not a big issue.
Had the correct charging cables too.
paintwork looks fine, passenger seat looks a bit grubby but will probably wipe clean. had 50% charge and will charge up tomorrow when we hopefully get a bit of sun on the solar panels. Already had an enthusiastic neighbour knock on the door for a socially distanced chat about the car :)
Did the fact that it was linked to your corporate email address mean it stopped the app working or do you mean in requesting to swap to personal email that this is delaying you getting setup on the app? I would expect it would still work with a corp email address just fine?

Anyone that leased how soon did the car appear in the app after e-signing the online acceptance form?

Mine was about 24 hours *after* delivery of the car. The signing of the form is irrelevant.

Did the fact that it was linked to your corporate email address mean it stopped the app working or do you mean in requesting to swap to personal email that this is delaying you getting setup on the app? I would expect it would still work with a corp email address just fine?

Yeah, don't really get the issue with the corporate email address - it should work just fine (did for me) when you try to log in using that email address (you might need to create an account on Tesla.com). Trying to transfer it over probably just adds another thing that could go wrong!

I remember now, it changed after the budget when the £50k limit was introduced, I better not mention it to my employer, mine was ordered the day before the budget at the higher price.

Weren't the standard range below £40k though?, it's now listed as standard range plus or is the heat getting to me.

If @Jamin ordered several months ago then todays price will be lower than then (I ordered Feb for June delivery so the higher price appeared on my invoice & even though Tesla found me a car just before the price drop in April they didn't credit me the difference :mad:)

Last edited:
sorry JupiterMan, I worded it badly, the car I'm collecting has cost £900 more than the current list price
@Jamin When did you order your car? I’ve ordered the exact same spec by the look of it! Wondering how easy this configuartion will be to get hold of. Hoping there is one on the next boat over that I can be matched to but have a feeling my choice of wheels could be an issue!

I’ve just test driven a M3P around the Dartford service centre and there were two lorry loads being delivered, maybe yours is on there?

Following my test drive, just placed my order for an M3P, in the hope to collect in September. So excited!
Now you just need to order body armour to ensure your organs remain in place when accelerating :p:p

• Funny
Reactions: DanAndTheBeard
From the Manual

Note: Walk-Away Door Lock operates only
when using an authenticated phone. When
you walk away from Model 3 carrying a key
card or the key fob accessory, Model 3 does
not automatically unlock/lock, even if this
feature is turned on (see Walk-Away Door
Lock on page 13).
Using Exterior

Works fine with the App, also sound notification, so you don't have to watch or keep looking back.

Controls > Locks > Lock
Confirmation Sound > ON.
ah that makes perfect sense, surprised Tesla support didn't't tell me that :)

Mine was about 24 hours *after* delivery of the car. The signing of the form is irrelevant.

Yeah, don't really get the issue with the corporate email address - it should work just fine (did for me) when you try to log in using that email address (you might need to create an account on Tesla.com). Trying to transfer it over probably just adds another thing that could go wrong!
yes well I've asked them to change it. Probably will go the same way as my lost referral I guess. Not a big problem but if it's my main email contact address that means I'll have to check my corp email on hols if I want to check Tesla messages. I suppose they would text me anything urgent. Also helpful to have personal email address registered if you ever change jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.