Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the fact that it was linked to your corporate email address mean it stopped the app working or do you mean in requesting to swap to personal email that this is delaying you getting setup on the app? I would expect it would still work with a corp email address just fine?
it might have worked fine but I didn't have that nugget of information before delivery. I had also set up my profile in advance on my personal email - I just assumed I could put VIN, lic details etc and use that. Also was advised by Tesla it could be fiddly to change in flight so I thought I'd do it up front. lets see if they do it for me.

I collected my SR+ yesterday from Edinburgh - the place was *crazy* busy. There were two transporters offloading when I arrived, and the guy who was dealing with my admin paperwork said they had 8 transporters' worth delivering yesterday in total. Eight!!! Big end-of-quarter push... Model 3's as far as the eye could see. I could not find any issues at all with build quality: paint, panel gaps, interior ... all top notch. Just a very, very happy new Tesla owner today! Am I allowed to post a photo?

I collected my SR+ yesterday from Edinburgh - the place was *crazy* busy. There were two transporters offloading when I arrived, and the guy who was dealing with my admin paperwork said they had 8 transporters' worth delivering yesterday in total. Eight!!! Big end-of-quarter push... Model 3's as far as the eye could see. I could not find any issues at all with build quality: paint, panel gaps, interior ... all top notch. Just a very, very happy new Tesla owner today! Am I allowed to post a photo?
It is not allowed to not post a photo

• Funny
Reactions: Zaxxon
So many trucks turning up at Birmingham.... is one of these yours to be

Attachments

• C1C36B67-9E42-4F0E-85FD-FDFE99E33FA7.jpeg
    C1C36B67-9E42-4F0E-85FD-FDFE99E33FA7.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 66
On the website, estimated delivery for the LR and Performane is June. Now that’s fast! (unless they mean next year).

I keep seeing that too! I’ve ordered a LR via lease company and being told there are non that match in the country but odd that when I choose the same spec on the Tesla site it says June est. delivery!

I had the same situation last quarter. I wonder if the lease companies aren't allowed to access the inventory stock.

Pretty sure the Tesla website is just wrong / they've chosen not to update estimated delivery time rather than there being a bunch of unmatched inventory.

The only real possibility is that someone defers/cancels in which case they'll try to give that car to someone else who has ordered same spec.

But highly unlikely now - best bet is to assume you're not getting a car for a month at least if you haven't heard anything yet.

Chatting with someone on Facebook who thinks I could be waiting 12 months for my order (M3 LR AWD in blue with 19inch sport wheels). Really hoping that’s not the case!
"Someone on Facebook" - I would suggest you take no notice of him/her.

That spec is not that unusual - they will build it and you'll get it, but of course there may be others ahead of you with the same order.

"Someone on Facebook" - I would suggest you take no notice of him/her.

That spec is not that unusual - they will build it and you'll get it, but of course there may be others ahead of you with the same order.
Haha I thought it might be a bit silly as I typed the words ‘someone on Facebook’ - you’re right tho - Tesla don’t give many options to customise and if one of them takes 12 months to deliver then I do t think they’d be doing as well as they are in the EV market! Fingers crossed. Really want to have it by end sept if possible.

Reactions: bhav
I really think the best piece of advice is to order the car yourself direct from Tesla, even if leasing. Puts you so much in control and gives much greater visibility than not knowing whether your lease company has placed an order or not.
+1

Lease companies can take over orders, and if you order it yourself you can see exactly what's going on with it. You may even end up with the car on your account but with the financial side of things being done via the lease company, which imo is the best outcome (particularly if Tesla don't sort Premium Connectivity subscription in a reasonable timeframe).

Status
Not open for further replies.